Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FearfulFather Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 03:40 PM
    Will a 10 mg of adderall taken 30 days ago show up on a hair follicle drug test?
    My daughter took 10 mg. of Adderall more 30 to 45 days ago. She now has to take an hair follicle drug test. If positive her school will submit it as evidence of drug possession and expel her. Is even this small amount likely to be detectable?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2012, 03:45 PM
    First question is did she have a prescription to be taking it? I'm assuming it was illegal use or it wouldn't have been an issue.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2012, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FearfulFather View Post
    My daughter took 10 mg. of Adderall more 30 to 45 days ago. She now has to take an hair follicle drug test. If positive her school will submit it as evidence of drug possession and expell her. Is even this small amount likely to be detectable?
    No it isn't. Detection of drug metabolites in hair generally requires accumulation (repeated exposure). Adderall a combination of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine both of which can be incorporated into human hair but in order for it to be detected above the test cutoff would require more than single use.

As example:

Galanter & Kleber, 2011 Psychotherapy for the Treatment of Substance Abuse, American Psychiatric Publishing, Wash, DC, p. 58
    thebigdog Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2012, 10:53 PM
    Hey FearfulFather, I was just curious as to the result of your daughter, as my son is in a very similar situation

Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 11:05 PM
    Hey FearfulFather, I was just curious as to the result of your daughter, as my son is in a very similar situation

Thanks
    Since your son had a prescription, why are you so concerned? If he didn't I think there are more serious problems that need to be discussed with your child rather than your child being expelled from school.
    thebigdog Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 11:07 AM
    He did not have a prescription, hence my concern. Please don't give me a lecture, I am handling the situation. I am just hoping it will not show up in the drug test.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 26, 2012, 11:11 AM
    Bigdog... please start your own thread with your concerns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I smoked one hit of marijuana 67 days ago. Will I pass hair follicle test? [ 8 Answers ]

I smoked weed 67 days ago, took one hit from a pinch hitter. Before that it had been over 6 months since I smoked very infrequent. I have to take a hair follicle test in the next week. I am 6'3 with dark hair. Keep my hair fairly short 1 guard on my clippers. Have cut my hair many times 5 times...

Can suboxone show up in a hair follicle drug test? [ 22 Answers ]

I really need to know if suboxone can show up in a hair follicle test. I really hope so. Because I am being accused of using it, because a false positive came up for it in my urine. I am willing to do and pay for, whatever it takes to prove I did now relapse. So I need to know if it can. Because I...

I smoked weeed 6 days ago and had a hair drug test yesterday,will it show up? [ 1 Answers ]

I smoked weed last Sunday (6 days ago n only 3 hits). I was submitted for a hair drug test Thursday. Will that show up on my test? I don't smoke weed often maybe once every 6 months (not even). :confused:

Will one Lorcet, taken ten days ago, show up on a follicle screen? [ 2 Answers ]

Situation: Ten days ago, my boyfriend had a headache for three days that he couldn't get rid of. He took a lorcet that was prescribed to me almost three years ago (out of a prescription of 20, there are still 16 in the bottle). Yesterday, while on a secondary interview, he was advised he'd...

Hair Follicle Drug Test [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hair follicle drug test coming up in a 3-4 days. I smoked marijuana about a month and a half ago for the first time in 8 years. I have short hair that I cut every week and a half. I only had a few hits off a bowl when I smoked. Will that show up in a hair follicle drug test?

View more questions Search