Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisisruff Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Age difference
    Is it possible for a relationship between a 21 yr old female and 27 man work out with such a age gap.? Is 21 to imature for a serious relationship?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 9, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Completely possible.
    There's a 7 year difference between my wife and I, we met at 23 and 30.

Mar 9, 2007, 05:08 PM
    Good because I love this girl I just sometimes worry that one day she's going to want to try new things...
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Chris, my late husband was 25 years older than I was. Didn't make a bit of difference to me. I fell in love with him and stayed married to him. No problems.

I guess you need to ask yourself if she is mature enough for you? Does she still like to do teenage kind of stuff and seem flighty to you? If not and if you have a deep enough bond, it shouldn't make any difference.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Mar 9, 2007, 05:18 PM
    I wish that I could remember the source of this statement. Perhaps someone else can. It was a famous personality. He said that the perfect age difference is where the woman is half the age of the man, plus seven years. Without a doubt, this formula shows some sexist bias in favor of the man. I don't want to offend any ladies out there, but merely to pass on an opinion that I found interesing. Are there any comments?
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 05:20 PM
    LOL Dr D. Never heard that before. I would hazard a guess it might have been Groucho Marx that said it.

Mar 9, 2007, 05:21 PM
    That make me feel a lot better . I hope it does because I do lover her a lot
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Chris, I hate crisscrossing posts but I am going to do it after reading and responding to your other one. I saw it after responding to this post. My husband put me on a pedestal and never took me off it! He treated me like a Queen. My father was very upset when I told him that I was getting married. He hated the idea that I was marrying someone so much older. I said to him "Dad, he treats me the way I deserve to be treated. Don't you want that for me? Don't you want me to be happy?" He couldn't argue that logic. That, Chris is what women want.

So, Chris, if you want your relationship to last, you need to show her how much you love her. Don't throw her stuff out a car window, as you said you did in the other post. You need to treat her, her family, her possessions, her friends,. WITH RESPECT. If you don't, you will lose her. Please listen to what I am saying, honey. It is important.

Mar 9, 2007, 05:37 PM
    If I get the chance that will be the way I will treat her from now on...

Mar 9, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Thanks for the good advice ruby I appreciate it!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 05:50 PM
    You are welcome, honey. Good Luck tomorrow! :) Tell her you are sorry. Tell her you know you were a jerk and you won't do it again. :)

Mar 9, 2007, 05:52 PM
    I will do. And ill be back 2morow to explain what happened
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Mar 10, 2007, 09:30 PM
    I don't think that the age gap would be a problem.
    aalex2973 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 12:49 AM
    Hey Chris,
    Well me and my husband have a 19 year age difference. He is 41 and I'm 22. It is a great marriage! As long as you guys want to same thing then it is well worth it! If you love her and she loves you go for it!

Mar 11, 2007, 12:53 AM
    Yea I love her a lot I was just thinking cause she's 21 one day will she want to try something different. She's going to a new school soon and she had a job so once you start working you meet new friends around new guys I was just thinking about all the new changes coming up and wondering if that changes our relationship as I seen in friends and family relationships in the past...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage - 10 year age difference [ 8 Answers ]

I am 43 female Christian from USA. He is 33 male Muslim from India. Should we marry. I am concerned about the age and faith difference.

Age Difference [ 35 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and I have been speaking to this girl who I recently found out was 16. We like each other, do you think its wrong getting into a relationship with her? Is the age gap too big?

Does age difference matter sexually? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 34 and my live in boyfriend is 43. Sex with us has never been a 5 days a week kind of situation (we have only been together for 5 months). Now.. if I had my choice it would be everyday! But long story short is that sex just is not important to him. He says it never has been.(when we first met...

Age difference in relationships? [ 2 Answers ]

What should be the maximun age difference in relationships between man and a woman? Is there any boundary for the age gap in marriage?

Age Difference [ 7 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and my partner is 28 years older than me.We have been dating almost 2 years.I am really in love with him. But he is a control freak. I can't spend my time with my friends.He doesn't let me visit my parents because they live in another city.Nobody can come to my house because...

View more questions Search