Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amandacavinder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 09:47 AM
    I have a question regarding redox reactions
    It is a AS level question and what I don't get is that I don't have a reduction reaction for the reaction to work no matter what I do.
    MnO- 4 + H2SO4 ------------------ Mn+2 + SO-2 4
    If you can get what I am saying
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2012, 12:11 AM
    Don't you have the data sheet where there are a lot of redox reactions mentioned and listed according to their EV values?

Anyway, you lack the water molecules here.

You can add the SO4^2- ions if you want, but this is the ionic equation for this redox reaction of MnO4

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Balance the following redox reactions using half-reaction method. [ 3 Answers ]

1) Mg+N2---->Mg3N2 3Mg+N2----->Mg3N2 I really don't know how to do this one.. 2) Cu^2+ + Al----->Cu+Al^3+ 2e+Cu^2+ ----> Cu X3 Al------>Al^3+ + 3e X2 6e+3Cu^2+ -----> 3Cu 2Al----->2Al^3 + 6e 6e+3Cu^2+ + 2Al ------------------> 3Cu+2Al^3 + 6e

Stoichiometry of redox reactions [ 7 Answers ]

How many grams of magnesium are needed to displace all the silver from 25.0 g of silver nitrate? I think that your supposed to write the redox equation first but I need help writing it out. Also do you have to use the 25.0 g of silver in order to get the grams of magnesium? Thanks

Stoichiometry of redox reactions [ 3 Answers ]

I just need someone to check my work. The question was: Solder is an alloy containing the metals tin and lead. A particular sample of this alloy weighing 1.50 g was dissolved in acid. All the tin was converted to the +2 oxidation state. Next, it was found that 0.368 g of Na2Cr2O7 was required to...

Redox reactions [ 1 Answers ]

What is the chemical reaction between potassium hydroxide and potassium permagnate

Redox Titrations [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with this question on redox titrations. It says that a 10.00mL sample of an aqueous solution of hyrdrogen peroxide, H_2O_2(aq) is treated with an excess of KI(aq). The liberated I_2 requires 28.92 mL of 0.1522 M Na_2S_2O_3 for its titration. Is the H_2O_2(aq) up to its full strength (3%...

View more questions Search