Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MP2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 08:31 AM
    Dr. Bill
    Between 2 PM and midnight on Fri I had approximately 7 hard drinks. Sat morning between 7-8 AM I had two drinks [total between Friday and Sat was 1 pint alcohol]. EtG for probation by 7:00 Monday night. Thoughts?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2012, 09:29 AM
    Neither the amount of EtG created nor the elimination time of same can be predicted with any degree of precision. At that level of consumption (8.5) drinks (US) EtG could be detectable for 70-80 hours, based on previous research. Could also be clear in as little as 40 hours.
    MP2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 10:39 AM
    With 500 cut-off, drinking a good amount of fluid throughout the weekend and eating high protein foods. Any difference in time frame?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2012, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MP2 View Post
    With 500 cut-off, drinking a good amount of fluid throughout the weekend and eating high protein foods. Any difference in time frame?
    All of the factors you mention have an influence on EtG testing: Cutoff, liquid and food.

There have been no direct comparative studies between the various cutoffs. Some testing agencies estimate a 10% reduction in detection, others 20%, probably even greater. Quest estimates a 40% variance between 100-500.

It has been documented for 10 years that the test is especially vulnerable to liquid consumption and that most people being drug tested consume large amounts of water. Nonetheless, promotion of the test continues and use increases.

It has been known for over 5 years that the test is completely ineffective for use in total abstinence programs due to the inability to detect limited drinking for even 24 hours. Yet promotion continues for that purpose.

As opposed to detecting alcohol consumption at an early stage the test basically facilitates drinking and then provides a laboratory certification that the individual has not consumed alcohol.

I would be very surprised if your drinking is detected by the test.

Toxicology News (2006)

Wojcik & Hawthorne

Albermann, Musshoff, etal (2012)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Earl, I have the $100 bill confederate bill. [ 0 Answers ]

Earl, I have the $100 bill that you've stated. If you're still searching, please let me know.. Thanks

Value of 1934 $1,000 bill and $500 bill? [ 0 Answers ]

So I was doing a little bit of research and I gathered most of the questions that needed to be answered before someone could calculate how much they are worth. If you could answer my question I would be very grateful! :) ...

My landlord has two rental units on the same heat bill and electric bill. [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal for him to charge utilities on an estimated percentage of use? This is in Pennsylvania.

Accounting journal entry received utility bill, the bill was not paid? [ 1 Answers ]

November 30: Received the utility bill for November, $350. The bill was not paid

Filed bankruptcy in 2005,bill included but was garnished in 2009 pd bill in full [ 5 Answers ]

I had a vehicle that was repossed in 2004-2005. The vehicle was sold in their auction, leaving a balance(amount unknown). I received a letter in 2005 stating I owe $4999 plus 25% per annum. My employer received a wage levy for this same bill stating I owe $9366.00. My wages were garnished and...

View more questions Search