Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Sep 23, 2012, 07:14 PM
    Why are Google and Yahoo the only pages loading?
    I was browsing the web when all of a sudden I tried to access a site from Google, and I couldn't connect to it. I then tried connecting to another site and couldn't access it so on and so on. I even did a whole system virus scan. Then a friend of mine told me to clear my history and everything worked again? He couldn't explain why, he just knew the quick fix. Can anybody tell me what the heck happened?
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Sep 24, 2012, 07:12 AM
    Please let us know what you saw on the screen when connecting to the websites - what error message?
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Sep 24, 2012, 09:42 AM
    Quick guess: your history got corrupted. Since your browser will check it before reloading, you kept getting the same result. Strange that it was on multiple sites. But glitches that cause problems can cause unexplainable problems.

I routinely delete history and cache at least once a week. Seems to help.
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Sep 24, 2012, 05:15 PM
    It was a very very strange happening. I got no error message. I was sent to the scree wit "Diagnose Connection Problems" on Explorer and when it happened on Mozilla it gave me the "Try Again" screen. I ONLY cleared my history on Mozilla and it solved the problem for BOTH.
    karengrimes94 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 09:52 PM
    This happens because your cookies get some glitches and when cookies re cleared you can connect back to the website as before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I force Google to index all my URL pages? [ 9 Answers ]

I try to improve my page rank with Google. Google wants the websites to be more informative and contain useful information. Some of my web pages that contain a great deal of relevant information have not been crawled by Google. My question is how can I force the Google to index all my web pages?...

Google search being hijacked to strange web pages [ 2 Answers ]

When I do a Google search, the usual page of results appears, but when I click on any of the results, instead of openning the page on which I clicked, a strange page appears which seems to be a commercial search or list of possible links. Is this a spyware invasion? How do I stop this from...

View more questions Search