Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mysterybottle Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 11:08 AM
    Old italian bottle
    Hello , cleaning out a basement, I found an old bottle of Italian wine. I can't find anything on the internet about it. It's a black unperfect bottle. There is wax over the cork and stamped on top. The main label is a thick leather label with a bunch of italian writing on it. There is a smaller leather label above that one that says "riserva speciale 1958 Barolo". There is also a leather strap wrapped around the bottle, and an orange candle is attached the front of the bottle. Do you know what this is? Or how much it may be worth, any history on it? If any at all? Thanks!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 23, 2012, 11:51 AM
    1958 was an awesome vintage form Barolo, but knowing exactly what you have is difficult.

Sep 23, 2012, 12:12 PM
    Is it possible to upload a picture on here or send it to you? Weirdest bottle I've ever seen!
    BossMan

Sep 23, 2012, 12:34 PM
    You can either attach it here or use a service such as photobucket for multiple images.

Sep 23, 2012, 01:09 PM
    Pictures by mysterybottle - Photobucket

My username is mysterybottle on photobucket.. I uploaded two pics. Let me know what you think! Hope you can find it. Thanks again!
    BossMan

Sep 23, 2012, 01:16 PM
    Interesting thanks for that.
    Now the bad news.
    This is not from a well known producer and so not sort after nor highly valued.
    In fact it looks very much like a marketing special.
    As a rule of thumb, especially with older wines, the fancier the bottle the lower the value of the contents.

Now the good news, it should be drinking really well.
    So grab some good friends, no more than 5 others, crack this bottle and enjoy the experience.

The joy from drinking wine comes from sharing, so make a night of it..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Italian immigration law- can an American become Italian based on bloodline [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I currently hold an American passport as I was born there in 1964. My father is Italian by birth and my grandparents the same. My mother is British. I left America in 1965 and have lived in the UK with both parents ever since. I have Indefinite leave to Remain. I do not hold British...

Italian sub calories? [ 1 Answers ]

I got a regular veggie italian from amato's the other day, but in the nutrition facts they include oil. A regular italian is about a foot long with cheese, oil, pickles, olives, tomatoes, and onions. I had it without oil and without cheese, and no extra dressings or anything. Can anyone give a good...

Italian Movie [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, A while back, I saw this Italian movie which is about about a young girl who is getting hold of her sexuality and in the process allows herself to be masturbated by strangers/friends and in one scene she boards a bus - inside the bus, almost everyone from co-passengers to bus conductor...

View more questions Search