Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SMM123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 08:49 AM
    Help with pool fill with toilet fill valve
    Hi there,
    I screwed in a Fluidmaster Universal Toilet Fill Valve into the socket for my pool water fill, but it isn't filling the pool. I do believe I have the correct height. Could it be that the "refill tube" is not attached to anything? There does not seem to be a place for this to attach to anything inside the pool fill.

Thank you so much for any info!
    -SMM
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2012, 08:52 AM
    How big is your pool? This flush valve will fill 3 GPM or so, so any filling of a large pool will show minimal increase, even over a long period.
    SKMM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2012, 11:17 AM
    Thank you so much for that answer. I have bought 2 of these at Home Depot and thought it was my error in installing or the product itself...

It is 22,500 gallons... What would you suggest I use and where can I get it?

-SKM
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2012, 12:01 PM
    Use a garden hose to fill the pool and then use the flush valve to maintain level. No need to worry about the tube, just stick it in the pool too. Where is the flush valve located?
    SKMMM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2012, 12:32 PM
    So sorry... I am trying to look up the lingo you are using so we are on the same page. Flush valve = fill valve? (Fluidmaster 400A)

Is the tube = refill hose?

Yes, I did have the pool at the proper level, but the fill valve is not maintaining it. I have the shaft cracked all the way (past 12 and at "stop") and the water adjustment screw all the way clockwise. It is cycling on and off by itself and according to the instructions, this indicates the tank is losing water. I assume "tank" is the little hole in the ground where fill valve is screwed in and toilet bowl is my pool. Anyway, it says if the refill hose is down inside the overflow pipe below the water level of the tank, it will siphon water from tank to bowl. Keep refill hose above the water level of the tank... I have this refill hose just hanging there and it is dipping into the water... I will take this hose off completely (as there isn't a overflow pipe associated with pools!). What is you opinion?

Thank you so much for your assistance!
    -SKM
    skmmmm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2012, 04:08 PM
    So sorry... I am trying to look up the lingo you are using so we are on the same page. Flush valve = fill valve? (Fluidmaster 400A)

Is the tube = refill hose?

Yes, I did have the pool at the proper level, but the fill valve is not maintaining it. I have the shaft cracked all the way (past 12 and at "stop") and the water adjustment screw all the way clockwise. It is cycling on and off by itself and according to the instructions, this indicates the tank is losing water. I assume "tank" is the little hole in the ground where fill valve is screwed in and toilet bowl is my pool. Anyway, it says if the refill hose is down inside the overflow pipe below the water level of the tank, it will siphon water from tank to bowl. Keep refill hose above the water level of the tank... I have this refill hose just hanging there and it is dipping into the water... I will take this hose off completely (as there isn't a overflow pipe associated with pools!). What is you opinion?

Thank you so much for your assistance!
    -SKM
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2012, 04:33 PM
    How it the "tank" connected to the pool. The water comes on and flows to where? Usually it will be connected to a skimmer or fill line. Yes, the little plastic tube can be removed, water will just flow out of it. When the water comes on, does it rise up high enough to make the float go up and shut the water off? The Fluidmaster is a very dependable system, I use them all the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Fill Valve [ 1 Answers ]

How to properly adjust so it automatically refills tank?

Cannot Remove Toilet Fill Valve [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have been trying to remove and replace a plastic fill valve for a couple of days with no luck. No matter what I try, nothing seems to work. When I tried to remove the lock nut on the bottom (outside of the toilet), the fill valve just spun with it. I have tried holding the fill valve...

How to quite loud toilet fill valve [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced all the internal parts of a american standard lexington toilet with handle on front of fill tank. All these parts are original american standard parts. Why is the filling part of the flush cycle so loud. I have turned the water down and turned the fill pipe inside the toilet to hit the...

Fill valve for toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the fill valve and flapper in toilet, but when I turned on the Water, it does not fill up the tank quickly. There is water through the Tube, but it jut "trickles" into the tank!

Toilet fill valve [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the fill valve in my toilet and the water will not fill up in the tank. When I disconnect the pipe between the shut off and tank, I can turn the water "on" and nothing happens. The sink and shower both work but the water won't go to the toilet. What can I do to fix this problem?

View more questions Search