Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsg610 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2012, 08:45 AM
    Looking for Birth Grandparents.
    I have their Names . I have severe health problems and just want family history. My Mother was Adopted in 1949, she too would like information
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2012, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg610 View Post
    I have their Names . I have severe health problems and just want family history. My Mother was Adopted in 1949, she too would like information

Sure, but you would have to post the info that you have.

How old are you?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 23, 2012, 01:00 PM
    In many places, your mom has to be the one to do the search.

Has she registered on reunion websites?
    dsg610 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2012, 02:52 AM
    [QUOTE=JudyKayTee;3278474]Sure, but you would have to post the info that you have.

How old are you? 41
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 30, 2012, 06:53 AM
    You do realize that if you truly have medical issues that might be helped by knowing your medical background, you can petition the state for your MEDICAL background without the need to meet or find the biological parents (or in this case, grandparents) involved?

Most states have a way to get your medical information without you ever being in contact with your biological family.

If this is TRULY for medical reasons only, then contact a lawyer in your state who can walk you through the process of petitioning the courts for your medical background.

If this is NOT just about MEDICAL information, then you need to get on reunion websites and hope that they are also looking. If they are not, then you need to respect their right to privacy, which trumps your curiosity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can grandparents get a DNA test to prove if they are biological grandparents? [ 4 Answers ]

Can grandparents get a DNA test to prove if they are the biological grandparents of their grandchild?

Child of adoptee seeking birth grandparents [ 2 Answers ]

My dad was adopted and doesn't want to find his birth parents. Can I find his family even though I'm not the adopted child? Can I do this without his consent? :confused:

Can a minor birth mother's parents relinquish rights to the birth father? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, Here's the situation: the soon-to-be birth mother is 16, still living with her parents and attending school. The birth father is 18, still lives with his parents but has a job and is generally responsible. The parents of the birth mother want her to put the baby up for adoption and move on...

View more questions Search