Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamesa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Possible ip conflict
    I am connected to a wireless network some 500 meters distant using a wireless pci adapter with an external antenna. My system is windows xp professional 'new' edition. I originally set this up using a qpcom wireless pci adapter 802.11g. Due to the weak signal that I received, I changed the wireless pci adapter to a D-Link 802.11b which improved the signal tremendously. Of course I had to use the same ip information. Now I am receiving messages that I have a possible ip conflict. How do I correct this situation?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 9, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Are you running on static or dynamic IP's.
    Makes things easier if it dynamic then the routers DHCP will allocate IP's as needed.

Ps 500 Meters is right on the edge for successful wifi connections. Is it possible to resite the access point ?

Mar 9, 2007, 03:29 PM
    My internet connection is supplied with this connection. The ip address is NOT automatic. The connection is great, I simply wish to remove this warning from my xp installation.
    BossMan

Mar 9, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Well in that case just change your IP to something completely different.
    To ensure it well aout of the way add 100 to the end number, e.g. if its 192.168.0.25 make it 192.168.0.125

Mar 9, 2007, 04:56 PM
    I cannot change this ip address. It is supplied by the network administrator. If I change the ip address I will lose the supplied internet service. I have no control over this network other than my wireless lan adapter.
    BossMan

Mar 9, 2007, 04:58 PM
    OK, so talk to the Network admin and get them to fix the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marital status conflict in W2 [ 1 Answers ]

I was in US for complete 2006 on L1. My family joined me in between for 3 months on L2 visa. I want to file tax jointly. But marital status in W2 is SINGLE. It may not be possible for the employer to change the W2 form since it is already too late. Can I still file TAX jointly? Please suggest...

IP conflict ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've a LAN with a DC, it seems that someone has changed the IP address of his computer to be static, and it seems also that he assigned an IP address like the server one 192.168.123.2. The problem is that, I do receive an error message on the server console stating that there's an...

Keyboard conflict [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having a little harware problem with my computer. Everything was fine last week, and then my internet got blocked for a few days. After it was working again, I couldn't get my mouse and keyboard working toegther. Both are fine. I know the keyboard is OK because: -If I restart my...

Family conflict [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I would like to know about a situation where as my mother was very ill and my sister took upon herself to put herself down as power of attourney having signed up legally... well now my mother is recovering and asking question s about what's going on... my sister has changed the house locks...

View more questions Search