Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwenpacific Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2012, 05:29 PM
    Is there a drug to make an alcoholic's body reject alcohol?
    Can I get a doctor to prescribe a drug that will make my body reject beer, wine or distilled spirits?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 22, 2012, 05:46 PM
    Yes, it will make you sick if you attempt to drink.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gwenpacific View Post
    Can I get a doctor to prescribe a drug that will make my body reject beer, wine or distilled spirits?
    There are a couple. Disulfiram (antabuse) being the most commonly used and available in US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug and alcohol test [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a male,weight is 290lbs,height is 5'10 I had about 18oz of beer one before a urine test.What will the test say?

Drug and alcohol urine test [ 1 Answers ]

I drank from about 10pm sat night till round 3am Sunday morning its now Monday morning will the alcohol show up in my test?

Drug and alcohol testing [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is on probation. She isn't supposed to have alcohol. Monday she had one Mimosa. Today she checked in with her PO and had a urine test for drugs and alcohol. Will this little bit of champagne that was in the drink Monday affect the test?:eek:

Alcohol and drug son [ 1 Answers ]

My son is almost 30 years old has 3 beautiful children and a woman who has put up with him for almost 8 years. He has moved out of the house and is with a woman who is doing drugs, I believe he is now doing drugs also and he is an alcoholic, he drinks to excess every single day. I would like to...

Drug and alcohol recovery [ 2 Answers ]

My spouse is in a recovery program and he is doing well. This isn't his first attempt at this, however he is very determined. I'm afraid that when he gets home there might be a lot of stress and something I do or say may trigger him. I'm in recovery right now and it is so much easier for me than...

View more questions Search