Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ethelyn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2012, 12:57 PM
    Set up DLink router
    I am trying to set up the security on my dlink web browser. The address is 192.168.0.100. When I put this address in my browser, nothing happens. What do I do?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 22, 2012, 03:06 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. This can lead to confusion. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Are you sure the address is 192.168.1.100? Generally, its 0.1

What model router?

Sep 22, 2012, 03:37 PM
    Thank you for moving my question.

I am not sure what the address of the router is since I got that number from my "My settings". How would I find the address?

The D-Link model is DIR-825

Sep 22, 2012, 03:41 PM
    That's probably the address of your PC not the router. Check the documentation that came with the router or try what I suggested.

Sep 22, 2012, 06:08 PM
    What did you suggest? I only have the disk that came with the router and it does not do anything.

Sep 23, 2012, 06:10 AM
    I said try 192.168.0.1

If there were no printed documents with the router, then manual is probably on a PDF on the disk. The box should have a toll free support # for D-Link.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Sep 23, 2012, 10:03 AM
    Open your RUN box and type CMD and hit OK. After the prompt type IPCONFIG /ALL and look at the default gateway address or the DHCP Server address. There is a space between ipconfig and /all. The slash (/) is called a switch and other things can be written instead of all. If you type it wrong (ipconfig \all) it will show a list of switches. A handy switch combo is ipconfig followed by the switch /flushdns and then ipconfig /renew to refresh the router if it crashed or something got corrupted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I set password on dlink router [ 2 Answers ]

How can I set password on wireless dlink router for internet to other person not acces my internet without permition me?

DLink DI524 UP router password / username removal [ 5 Answers ]

How do I remove my ISP username and password entered at installation time of DLink router : DI524UP. Reason for removal: the ISP has advised username and password in router is no longer required as router was stopping my ability to connect to the internet due to a change in the ISP operating...

Secure a dlink router [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change my dlink router from unsecure to secure ?

DLink 2310 G Router Password Reset! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a rangebooster 2310 G router, which I purchased about 6 months ago from the Source. WHen I bought it, it must have been a return, because it came with a slip of paper with a network key and password written on it. I have since lost the slip of paper (of course!) and tried to do a...

Problem with Dlink DSL-500 router [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've stopped DHCP and DNS on the win2k3 server and made the router works as DHCP and DNS ( ADSL router Dlink DSL-500 ). Problem is when I try to setup a new computer to be a member of the domain it just fails giving an error that it can't resolve the name, while from the same...

View more questions Search