Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2012, 01:31 PM
    Dementia
    A very sad state of affairs. 84 year old lady suffers from Dementia. But sometimes
    Is lucid and coherent. Then she has relapses into hallucination. All her children are in despair. While there is no cure, I wonder if any vitamins or other remedies would
    Alleviate the condition somewhat. I know other families are going through the same
    Hardship.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Has she been diagnosed by a doctor?
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Yes in Honduras
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2012, 02:34 PM
    Vitamins D and E are supposed to improve cognitive function and prevent rapid decline. Also, lots of social contact, mental gymnastics like with crossword puzzles, trivia questions, etc. will help.
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2012, 02:53 PM
    Thanks a million
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 22, 2012, 06:25 PM
    There was a study in one of the colleges in Texas some ( OK many) years ago, where hypnosis also helped at times to bring them back when they are not lucid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My husband wants to divorce me but I believe he has early dementia? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has filed for divorce and I believe he has early signs of dementia. Can I get a court order to have him tested and do I have to sign any papers? I don't want to get a divorce at all. I love him dearly.

Legal will change with dementia [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have lived together for 20 yrs, up until his children took guardianship of him 1yr. Ago, because of his diminished capacity with dementia. I have always been in his will Can they change his will?

Mannatech ambrotose and dementia [ 2 Answers ]

Does mannatech help with progressive dementia? Does it heal or halt the disease

Roex products for dementia [ 1 Answers ]

My father suffers with dementia. Is there any vitamins that we can give him instead of medicines that can help him?

I'm not sure what's dementia [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what are the final steps of dementia,when coning close to death, a loved one has it and stop eating,instead of food she eats plastic,can some please explain to what it is

View more questions Search