Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davideric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2012, 12:56 PM
    Balancing two supply water tanks
    I have two identical 10000 ltr tanks feeding my factory. I need to balance the water usage from the two tanks as at present one tank fills and empties and the other remains about 3/4 full all the time. What is the correct way of plumbing these tanks as I have a film of biological s floating about in the second tank as the water does not circulate.
    CHEESE64 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2013, 11:22 AM
    You have not indicated very clearly how the tanks are plumbed. Could you empty both tanks from the bottom and have the piping joined with a tee fittng and discharging out? Are the tanks vented to the atmosphere? Is one tank a different size than the other?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Balancing two bladder type water pressure tanks [ 5 Answers ]

I am going top replace my 1 - 80 gallon bladder tank (bladder is blown) with 2 - 80 gallon tanks. The idea is to get twice the draw down of one tank... i.e if the one tank has a draw down of 25 gallons at 40/60 psi, you should get 50 gallons draw down with 2 tanks at the same pressure setting. I...

Balancing two bladder type water pressure tanks [ 11 Answers ]

Former owners installed two 85 gal pressure tanks. However, only one tank seems to be filling. The pressure switch is a 30-50 set at about 32-42. The tanks are new bladder type and are pressurized to 30 psi each. They are connect in series with the water line connecting to one end of the...

Clog in water supply lines after replacing section at main municipal supply... [ 1 Answers ]

I had an exposed water supply line that ran from the city inlet to my house. It was old and rusty so we decided to replace it with a PEX pvc piping. It's the same dia. (3/4") and we replace the one 90 elbow with a 45 instead. When we turned the water back on, it had no pressure, and after my...

Supply line won't stop running. Main water supply off [ 3 Answers ]

I was doing some bathroom remodeling and attempted to remove an old supply valve. It would not budge so I decided to cut the copper tubing underneath it and put on a new shutoff valve with a compression fitting. The problem is that water just kept coming out of that supply line. The main water...

How to daisy chain water supply tanks & increase water pressure? [ 3 Answers ]

The deep water well that supplies our home also supplies another small house on the property that my father lives in. Water supply has never been an issue as it is a great well. The well feeds a small supply tank with switch, then there is two other supply tanks that are daisy chained together...

View more questions Search