Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lahmarc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2012, 11:50 AM
    Ask a paleontologist
    My daughter is writing a paper on the coudimundi and she feels certain that it was alive during the Jurasic period and ate TRex eggs yet she can not find any information that confirm this. Do you know the history of the cute little coudimundi? Did it have ansesters who new and ate the eggs of TRex?
    Thank you

LA
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 22, 2012, 12:01 PM
    First, you have to spell it correctly -- coatimundi.

According to this site, they did live with the dinosaurs:

http://explorationnation.com/press/e...ing-coatimundi

Of course, the very smart thing to do is to go to your public library and do research (and ask a reference librarian for help). There are very detailed animal encyclopedia that will explain the animal's history.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 22, 2012, 01:00 PM
    I'm all in favor of letting your daughter do her own research, even though you want so much to help.
    If she can't find what they ate, she could propose a new theory. A lot is know about the size of T Rex eggs and the thickness and hardness of the shells, and she could study the size and teeth of the coatimundi, and decide if it was possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask the paleontologist [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have something that looks like a tooth. How do I tell if it is a tooth, claw or spik of some sort? Does the inside of each of these look different? What I have has a clear pattern of a pinwheel, lines running from the middle out, very tightly packed. It is about 3 inches long and about an...

Quick questions for a paleontologist! [ 0 Answers ]

Q. How many years of experience do you have in this career? Q. Is there a lot o field work involved in this job? Q. Is it competitive/ difficult to become a Paleontologist? Q. How stable is the job of a Paleontologist?

Ask a paleontologist [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Here is my question: Are the hind legs and feet of a crocodile similar to those of a chicken.. . And is the similarity one way that paleontologists relate the crocodile and the chicken to the dinosaurs (T-rex to be specific)? In other words, if a crocodile were somehow able to stand on...

View more questions Search