Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Sep 21, 2012, 06:12 PM
    -lord of the rings/the hobbit-
    Hi there lord of the rings fan or hello there not lord of the rings fans. I was looking into their 7 meals a day thing. I know there are seven meals a day, I would just like to know what types of food go into each meal. Seeing as, my sister and cousin are coming over tomorrow for a LOTR marathon. Mainly, because tomorrow is "The Hobbit Day" I read somewhere on Google what they exactly were in each meal but that was a while ago, and I lost what they are/were.

Also, any food recipes or game suggestions would be helpful too!

I know there are seven meals a day, I would just like to know what types of food go into each meal.
    Also, any food recipes would be helpful too!

In case you forget the titles of all the 7 meals here they are:
    Breakfast
    Second breakfast
    Elevenses
    Luncheon
    Afternoon
    Tea Dinner and
    Supper
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 06:21 PM
    They would enjoy at least seven meals a day, when they can get them: breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner and (later in the evening) supper.

This might help --

Scribblings Chapter 2: Six Meals A Day, a lord of the rings fanfic | FanFiction
    maddy_maddy Posts: 5, Reputation: 4

Sep 21, 2012, 08:12 PM
    First Breakfast – omelette, mushrooms, bacon (cooked in the fireplace), coffee – which, fortunately for us, they did actually drink in the books

Second Breakfast – whipped cream and berries, seedcakes

Elevensies – bread, cheese, fruits. This is when the ale started.

Luncheon – leek and mushroom-stuffed puff pastry boxes, cold chicken

Afternoon Tea – seedcakes, banana bread and Keemun tea

Dinner – coney (rabbit) stew with red wine, onions, garlic, carrots and herbs, cooked in the fireplace for about 6 hours

Supper – we were going to have a selection green salads, but could only muster up enough hunger for a few sprigs of watercress
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Sep 22, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Okay thank you both, so much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone here a "Lord of the Rings" enthusiast? [ 8 Answers ]

Which movie was your favorite......Fellowship, Towers, Return of King?? I never thought I would like it when I was DRAGGED to the show to see the first one....and it wasn't there even, that I decided I liked it! Actually I fell asleep thru much of it, and thought it was crazy that so many people...

Lord of the Rings Engraving on Narsil [ 0 Answers ]

I know I sound like a geek, but I had noticed the engraving on the pommel of Narsil in the movie doesn't match my transcription of tengwar quenya. The second symbol in the first word (top left), the second symbol in the 6th word (bottom left), and the 3rd symbol in the 7th word are symbols I...

How tall was Grond the battering ram in the Lord of the Rings the Return of the King? [ 3 Answers ]

In the Return of the King during the Battle of the Pelennor Fields there was a great battering ram brought up by Sauron's Forces. The book doesn't say how tall it was. All it says it was as long as a great forest tree a hundred feet in length. I bet it was even bigger than that by the looks of it...

Movie similar to animated version of The Lord Of The Rings [ 3 Answers ]

I've being trying to find the name of a movie that I watched in the early 90's but the only scene I remember is the one where a whole army of what looked like elves and gnomes are waiting to get attacked by an army of dark and black monsters or bad guys in black armor on the distance with torches...

View more questions Search