Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trishma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 02:32 PM
    Free motorized wheel chairs
    I met a man in a store about a week ago and we struck up a conversation.He told me even though he has a wheelchair, it has become to difficult to use the current one so now he is in need of a motorized one.I told him I would try to find someone that would donate one.He stays with family but,he is having problems with them.He will be moving at the beginning of next month but,, after further questioning,he basically will need everything including furniture.He lives in Columbus,Ohio and I am hoping to get the wheelchair to him as soon as possible because he is straining to push and guide the wheels of his current chair and it is causing him a lot of pain.If you have any information or know someone that can help that would be great!

Thank,
    Patricia L. Malone
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 02:36 PM
    He should check with an area social worker and his county human resources office.

Also, call his public library reference desk and ask how to get what he needs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 10:18 PM
    Is he on medicare or medicaid ?

Both will pay the majority for a new chair. Plus upkeep on it.

There are almost always in pawn shops and second hand stores used electric ones for 500 dollars or less.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trans axel on poulan pro riding mower won't go into free wheel. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all. I have a poulan pro rider( model #960420107.pb195h42lt)with 2 problems.First of all,to roll the mower out the gorage I usely pull the nutral lever to free the wheels,but its not working.I have to drag it out.Once I start it it rolls fine.I can hear the lever click as I move in and out...

John Deere L110 drive won't engage after pushing in free wheel rod [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere L110 when I push the free wheel rod in, it does not engage the drive. I can press the forward or reverse pedals and the rear wheels do nothing.

Honey well motorized damper [ 2 Answers ]

Damper. Since I think my motorized damper on the zone 2 might have a problem, I want to open it manually; but how do I do it. I have heard someone said that disconnect the linkage. What is a linkage? Is it a two wires that connect to the Zone controller. The manual said power to open and...

Motorized bicycle [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to determine whether to use a spindle or sprocket on my motor for my motorized bike, what's your suggestion?

View more questions Search