Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zyan24 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2012, 12:32 PM
    Still haven't finalized the orders
    Right now I have temporary orders that allow me to move. I have no geographic restrictions. My fiancé is in the military and is getting relocated to Florida and we want to get married to do a dependent move. My child's father and I were never married. With everything not finalized can I still get married?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2012, 12:41 PM
    What sort of ordered and who issued them? Are you in the military too? If you are I'd ask my CO.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zyan24 View Post
    ... With everything not finalized can I still get married?
    The child custody and support litigation is not finalized?

I can't imgagine how that should matter. If it's not a divorce, and you are not presently married, you are free to marry.

Of course your fiancé should run it by his CO, as Smoothy said, but that's just so that he doesn't get in trouble with the military.

Sep 21, 2012, 12:53 PM
    They are just temporary custody orders from the AG. No I'm not in the military
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2012, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zyan24 View Post
    Right now I have temporary orders that allow me to move. I have no geographic restrictions. My fiance is in the military and is getting relocated to Florida and we want to get married to do a dependent move. My child's father and I were never married. With everything not finalized can I still get married?

Temporary OrderS, plural. Without knowing what the temporary orders say, I think it's impossible to know.

What happens to the father's visitation if you move? Isn't that addressed?

Sep 21, 2012, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Temporary OrderS, plural. Without knowing what the temporary orders say, I think it's impossible to know.

What happens to the father's visitation if you move? Isn't that addressed?
    It is he would get them on summer break and other arrangements were made.

Well the orders state that I am free to move. Nothing else other than the amount to be paid, insurance for the child
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 21, 2012, 01:21 PM
    If you have a court order giving you the freedom to move then you should be OK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After a bankruptcy is finalized [ 2 Answers ]

After a bankruptcy is discharged, can we turn the keys to the house over to the mortgage company before they start the eviction process?

Can a divorce be finalized without both signatures? [ 5 Answers ]

Can a divorce be finalized with the filling date of 3 years ago?

If an order has not yet been finalized. [ 7 Answers ]

Can I go back to ask for back child support. It was not brought up in our hearing. The hearing was lengthing and ugly so it was not mentioned and I sort of forgot.

Dating before divorce is finalized [ 4 Answers ]

I live in GA (a no-fault state) and have filed for divorce. My stbx has replied, not contesting the divorce but contesting the settlement. He wants me to pay off some of his credit card debt (I'm not on his account, never was). Once I first told him I wanted a divorce, he began telling me he...

Is it possible for a divorce proceeding to never be finalized? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm wondering if it's possible that a divorce proceeding may never be finalized if one or the other spouse decide not to sign final papers? Could it stay in limbo for an indefinite amount of time.. or years.. or forever? I'm thinking one spouse may have decided NOT to go through with the divorce,...

View more questions Search