Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pennels Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Patch or replace roof
    Should I patch my roof or replace entire roof?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Depends on the wording in your policy and the claim. If they pay specifically for replacement and you repair and pocket the difference it could be considered insurance fraud.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 9, 2007, 03:28 PM
    If you need to patch your roof, then you must have or have had a leak. This leak has probably caused damage to the roof, such as rotting and damaged wood, framing members and so forth.

Patching is a short-term solution, who knows when or where another leak will appear.

I will have my roof replaced this summer, with estimates between $3500 - $6000, it pays to get several quotes.:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 9, 2007, 04:51 PM
    I don't know and would not know without looking at your roof, how old is it, what is the damage, where is it leaking ( if it is leaking)
    Is there damage to the shingles ( if it uses shingles0

And that leads to the question, what type of roof is it, metal, shingle, flat?
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 16, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Like FR_Chuck said without more info there is no way to answer the question but you may want to look at readers digest Jan? They had a interesting article on home repair fraud. Something along the lines of roofs can be patched a few times the only limitation being weight on the structure and unscupulous contractors telling you that it needs replacing.. . Just a bit of reading material.

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I convert this shed roof to a gable roof? [ 5 Answers ]

I want to extend this porch out another 8 feet and convert the current shed roof to a gable roof. Is there a framing genius lurking here who can tell me how to make it happen? The conceptual image gives an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish with the porch. See attachments. Michael

Mini Cabbage Patch Doll [ 5 Answers ]

I am hoping someone can help me locate a replacement for a mini Cabbage Patch doll. It was my nephews favorite and it appears it was his dog's favorite, too. The toy has a soft body and a vinyl (bald) head, feet and hands. It was approximately 6" or 7" high, before being chewed. I have tried...

Rocky patch after 11 years [ 31 Answers ]

I am in a mess, and need some advice. My wife and I have been together for 11 years. She recently told me she does not have "those" feelings for me anymore. I was shocked and heartbroke. She claims I was the perfect husband and father and it has nothing to do with me and that she is not seeing...

Orgianal cabbage patch dolls [ 6 Answers ]

My dad has a large collection of cabbage patch dolls he would now like to sell. Anyone have any contacts or ideas of how to sell any or all of them?

Security patch ? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a security patch and what is a patch manager? :)

View more questions Search