Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Monsters Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 04:15 PM
    Do I have to prove my disability to my employer
    I have a note from my doctor stating I need to work from home 5 days a week. I was hired under the American's with Disabilities Act and receive a Disability check from the VA every month. Now my manager is asking for more medical documentation at "back up" the note from the doctor and is requesting a report from my primary care doctor defining my disability. Is this right? Can he do this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2012, 05:27 PM
    Yes, they have a right to know full information about the disability. They are only required to do those accomidations that are within reason and affordable. So they may get a full and complete doctors records to see if and what accomidations are really needed.

Work from home ? Why.
    What disability issue is there getting to work ? What can they do at work, to make your work station usable the same as home, a chair, additional rests ?
    I may find work from home requirement questionalbe for almost any disability.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it illegal for my employer to tell someone that I receive a disability check [ 3 Answers ]

Is it illegal for my employer to disclose to a customer that I receive social security benefits for a disability?

Can my old employer can tell my new emplyer find out that I was on disability and leo [ 2 Answers ]

I was let go on good behaviour from my teaching job because I was out too long, Can my old employer tell my disability to my new employer

On disability need 401k will disability be lessened if we need to buy primary residen [ 1 Answers ]

I'm on state disability filing for social security disability,need to request my 401k (and pay 20% TAXES)to purchase a primary residence (loosing home ,like to buy larger size boat to live on) will I be fined or penilized for this (as if this were a income)its hard enough to live on disability as...

Can potential employer find out about past job and disability? [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for a company from 9/07-11/07 then went on disability. I am still employed there, however, do not plan on going back due to my disability (since 12/07)and since have moved away. I am still disabled, but need to find another job ASAP as my disability ran out. My question is: I want...

Can potential employer find out about disability and current/past job? [ 1 Answers ]

I worked for a company from 9/07-12/07 then went on disability. I am still employed there, however, do not plan on going back due to my disability and since have moved away. I am still disabled, but need to find another job ASAP as my disability ran out. My question is: I want to apply for a...

View more questions Search