Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keysman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2012, 01:42 PM
    Amazon.com/fraud department
    I received an email about some merchandise being shipped to me . I never ordered any of this stuff. Please help me.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 20, 2012, 01:45 PM
    Best guess that it's a phishing mail.
    Does it say "click this link for more information" or words to that effect ?

There are many different forms of phishing, but all rely on simple social engineering.
    If the ones I receive where true I would be a multi-billionaire with accounts in every bank in the world.
    The trick is knowing when you are being scammed and to simply ignore them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2012, 04:50 PM
    It is a fraud, if you click on the links they provide in the email and log onto Amazon, then the crooks will get your log on info. Then they have access to your account, they can order things or perhaps get your credit card info.

This is a common fraud happening with Amazon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contacting Amazon.com about Fraud [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Does anyone know a "1-800" number for Amazon.com? I am trying to call them because I found a website that is committing fraud against them and I would like to speak to someone immediately about it. The website is http://www.rnbent.com/ The fraud subfolders are here:...

VAt and Amazon [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I sell items through Amazon- currently I am paying the Vat on the total charged to the buyer- however I never see this total as Amazon take 15% as a commission- are they liable for the VAT on the proportion of the sale that they take - what figure do I use for Turnover- the total before the...

Why is Amazon.com Website Not Available? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to resolve an issue with Amazon.com, but every time I access the website, I get a one-page sheet showing a book, my name and the site won't allow me to access their other sites like "Returns", "Customer Service", "Shipping Methods" even trying to obtain "Career Opportunities". ...

How to use Amazon.com [ 1 Answers ]

I got a gift card for visa and I want to shop online so I went to amazon.com I got the stuff I wanted and I put everything I needed to but it didn't come through as in I didn't receive what I had paid for so... I'm thinking I did something wrong =D and I wood appreciate if someone can tell me...

Amazon.com & .co.uk [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the U.K and usually use Amazon.co.uk and was wondering if I can order things from the Amazon.com site which is American.

View more questions Search