Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MOHAN132 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2005, 10:33 AM
    Password for Win2000
    Hi,
    How would I protect a folder in win 2000, with out using any softwares.. is there a procedure to do so,
    Thanks
    thetachi464 Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Jan 8, 2005, 02:28 PM
    Win2k
    I am going to assume that everyone that uses this system are logging on with the same logon. What you can do is and what I would suggest is that everyone has their own logon to the system, by doing that no one can get into anyone else's files unless the user's belong to the admin role. User's can be setup by right clicking on the my computer icon and then click on manage from there you add the user in. Or you can do it by setting the folder as hidden and set windows up to hide hidden files. Just remember where you hide the folder at. I don't know of any other way but I am not a win2k genius. I have used both ways to hide folders.
    MOHAN132 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2005, 03:52 PM
    Win 2k
    This is networked computer,and we do have our own shared/non shared folders.. but as this folders don't have lot of space to save huge files, so I try to save my files on hard drive which is accessible to other users on the same computer.. so is there any other suggestions that I can work on Thanks
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2005, 06:13 AM
    Hide Folders
    Hi,
    You can't do it, under your conditions, without using other software.
    Here are two links, one is "buy", the other is free.

Buy for about 40 dollars US
    http://www.folder-password-expert.com/

Free
    http://www.cypherix.com/cryptainerle...asswordprotect

Best wishes,
    fredg
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Jan 9, 2005, 03:29 PM
    You have to install a logon password for Windows for each user.
    Then the only place where you can hide folders and files is under "my documents".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Password ? [ 17 Answers ]

:o ? :'( How do you get into your computer if you forgot and lost you password?

How using win98 with win2000 together [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.I already have win98 in my computer and I want to download windows 2000 beside win98 cause there is some software and hardware does not work with win98 any more , I want to keep win98 in my computer so please can anybody tell me how excately download windows 2000 with my previous downloaded win...

No pagefile - can't enter Win2000 [ 3 Answers ]

I ghosted a working c drive with windows 2000 pro to a new (larger) hard drive. It boots normally until it gets to the blue screen to load user settings. I then get an error message that my pagefile is either missing or too small and it then tells me how to correct the problem from within windows....

View more questions Search