Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexy26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2012, 09:46 PM
    Can I sue walmart for not having camera in their parking lot
    Lost my purse in the parking lot of walmart in there wasn't no cameras in the parking lot kane I sue
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 18, 2012, 10:49 PM
    Sure you can, but what is your cause of action..
    You cannot hope to win such a case..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 18, 2012, 10:57 PM
    There are no laws requiring cameras. No store is responsible for your purse.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 19, 2012, 03:36 AM
    Anyone can sue over anything. I don't know how much you lost in your purse, but you will lose even more if you try to pursue this frivolous and ridiculous suit. Frankly you should be ashamed for even thinking you could sue.

I notice you said lost and not stolen. So you want to blame the store for your own carelessness? Even had it been stolen, no store is required to provide cameras and cameras would probably not have prevented a theft anyway.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 19, 2012, 03:55 AM
    Why is Walmart liable because of you losing a purse.

They are not required to have cameras, security or anything,

But can you sue, sure, then they counter sue, and you pay for all of their legal expense when you lose and the court costs. So their attorneys maybe 10,000 or so, court maybe 1000 or so. So if you want to pay them money, go for it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2012, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sexy26 View Post
    lost my purse in the parking lot of walmart in there wasnt no cameras in the parking lot kane i sue

I don't know where you are - please post the law in your area that requires WM to have cameras in its parking lot and then we'll go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue WalMart? [ 7 Answers ]

I walked into the store and bumped into this lady's arm. Her husband then shoved me and ended up fractionating my lumbar. Wal mart did nothing to help. I had to call the police and then not one employee stopped to help me. I had to go to the hospital and now can't walk

Can I sue walmart? [ 8 Answers ]

We took our car to walmart to get 2 new tires, one had a screw in it... 2 weeks later another flat tire on the same back passenger tire, same weird screw and in the same spot on tire. We feel as though it is in fact the same tire. When we reached out the lady said that she was watching the video...

Should I sue walmart for employee stealing my wallet? [ 16 Answers ]

A Walmart employee was caught stealing my wallet after helping me at photo center. Now I fear going to Walmart to shop with my children. What should I do?

Reversing in a parking lot [ 2 Answers ]

I was parked in a small market parking lot, I was ready to leave when the trash collection truck drove in the truck pulled in behind me but with enough space for me to reverse and get it I started reversing and about half way behind the trash truck, the trash truck started reversing, I started...

Parking lot accident [ 20 Answers ]

I recently bumped into another vehicle that was also backing out at the same time across the aisle in a mall parking lot. I was driving a black Mercedes sports coup and she was driving a large white SUV. When we got out to examine the bumpers there was a very slight amount of black paint on her...

View more questions Search