Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrcarpenter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2012, 08:23 PM
    Watermelon wine mastery
    I'M making watermelon wine and would like to give it strong melon flavor. I have been racking my brain thinking how to do this since you can't boil it down,because its said to kill the flavor. So after giving it a lot of thought this is what I was think ,can I add a finshed bottle, of the same type of wine I'm making would this help or hurt . 2nd idea is to dehydrate the watermelon and make watermelon power. Then take the powder and add it in the place of ,or with the sugar. And use fresh melon juice has the recipe calls for. Keep in mine I'm trying to make a powerful melon taste but dry not to sweet . Thank you for your time to help a noobie like me .
    setexenv Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Sep 24, 2012, 03:09 AM
    This probably isn't something that I am totally qualified to answer, but what about adding a melon liquer (Midori) or watermelon extract to the final product? Watermelon extract is available at several websites on the internet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it okay to keep watermelon plant directly under sun? [ 16 Answers ]

I have planted seeds for watermelon and the plant is growing. The plant is not kept directly under sun because I read direct sunlight can damage it. I noticed that the plant is growing towards the sunlight instead of growing straight. Should I move it under sunlight or tie something to make it grow...

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Transferring room temperature wine to wine fridge [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a proper procedure for transferring wine that has been stored at room temperature to a wine fridge? Does it need to be a step by step process in lowering the temp. of the wine till it reaches the optimum storage temperature?

Redistribution/re-sale of wine or fortified wine [ 4 Answers ]

If I wanted to charge a fee for private wine tastings in people's home (people of legal drinking age) in the state of Texas and Louisiana, (a) do I need a special license or permit to charge a fee for the wine tasting? And (b) if I want to sell them contingency bottles of wine (1 of each type of...

Watermelon fertilizer [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know a good organic watermelon fertilizer? Jackman

View more questions Search