Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tush Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Should I continue seeing her ?
    Hi all!

I'm an about 31-year-old-bi guy, more one the gay side sexually speaking. I have never had something lasting either with a female or male, and I'd like to have your opinion on what follows:

Recently, I have been talking to a 28-year-old girl on the phone and Facebook. (We also met a couple of weeks ago to have a coffee - the first contact was via the Internet - and I feel she's the right one for me for a stable relationship, which is what I seek in a girl. [ I think she's interested in me too.]

Now the point is that - as implied in the first line above - I've been suffering by a [maybe unreasonable ] performance anxiety, which has kept me away from girls. This also somehow instilling in me fear of them. Anyway, once, before meeting her, I managed to get a full erection talking with her over the phone. (In my case, getting erection is the issue, not maintaining it.)

I feel it's time for me to settle, and I'm positive I'm not prepared to do that with a male. With a male, it's basically just sex.
    Should I continue seeing her? Do you think this [unreasonable?] performance anxiety will go away, as we get closer to each other? (The point is that I don't want to let her down either, sexually speaking, in the future.)

Any advice is highly valued, and thank you for your time.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 18, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Short answer(s):yes. Yes.

Not so short answers: Yes, continue seeing her. Yes performance anxiety will go away.

Long answer:

Are you settling because you've Ms. Right or ms. Right Now? I get the feeling that you might be only looking at part of the picture, specifically sexually, rather than the entire scene. It sounds like you like her, and it sounds like things should continue.

As for your second question. There will be times that sex will suck. You know this, and she will too. The first few times will probably suck too because you're learning the other person's quirks. So relax, give yourself a break, take it slowly and don't be nervous. Which I realize won't work but what can you do eh? Be comfortable around her before being intimate with her. Talk about things beforehand that might be relevant to the situation at hand.

Good luck.

Not to add anxeity, but do you thing your bi-sexuality will get you in trouble?

Sep 18, 2012, 09:56 AM
    Hi. Thanks for your opinion. Well, I'm aware that I'm not 50% gay and 50% straight, sexually speaking, but emotionally I can attach more easily to a female. And I'm sure that my anxiety or erectile dysfunction is mainly psychological, not physical (at least, for now)
    What exactly do you mean by "do you thing your bi-sexuality will get you in trouble?" ? Are you referring only to sexual performance?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 18, 2012, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tush View Post
    Hi. Thanks for your opinion. Well, i'm aware that i'm not 50% gay and 50% straight, sexually speaking, but emotionally i can attach more easily to a female. And i'm sure that my anxiety or erectile dysfunction is mainly psychological, not physical (at least, for now)
    What exactly do you mean by "do you thing your bi-sexuality will get you in trouble?" ? Are you referring only to sexual performance?
    Do you think you'll crave sex with a man while in this committed relationship?

I have noticed in a scant few of my bi-sexual friends that there is a sense of entitlement to having Significant others of both sexes because they swing both ways, or to be able to sleep around with one sex when the crave hits while in a committed relationship with the other. I am doing quite a poor job relating this idea. Does this make sense?

I also noticed that this is more of a personality not sexuality trait. I don't mean to offend the right and responsible Bisexual people out there.

My main advice to you was to stay put and not worry about it. It will work itself out.

Sep 19, 2012, 06:17 AM
    Hi. I don't think I will fling myself at a man, once I have found something fulfilling with a woman.
    I do understand you perfectly well, and I appreciate your comment. The point is that, where I live, you can't really confide in bisexual feelings to your partner, and so on. I know it's wrong to start a relationship with such a lie (or call it a secret), but I hope, as you said: " It will work itself out."

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Do you think you'll crave sex with a man while in this committed relationship?

I have noticed in a scant few of my bi-sexual friends that there is a sense of entitlement to having Significant others of both sexes because they swing both ways, or to be able to sleep around with one sex when the crave hits while in a committed relationship with the other. I am doing quite a poor job relating this idea. Does this make sense?

I also noticed that this is more of a personality not sexuality trait. I don't mean to offend the right and responsible Bisexual people out there.

My main advice to you was to stay put and not worry about it. It will work itself out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I continue to contact him? [ 1 Answers ]

I met a guy at the beginning for December (it is now January). We exchanged number and met up for 2 dates. These dates went well and we both really enjoyed ourselves. He does not send masses of texts, he seems to only send texts to me when he has something to say/ ask rather than just 'chit...

Should I break up or continue? [ 7 Answers ]

Well I told my BF that one of his female colleagues and friend looks flirty to me (since she used to give flirty comments on his Facebook profile). Prior to that I even questioned him who's she when I saw the Facebook comments. He told me that she's a colleague and friend. I said "ok but if anytime...

Should I continue this relationship [ 15 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend, but me and him were having problems so I met up with my ex because we are still good friends but I ended up getting off with him, I felt so guilty I had to tell my boyfriend and now he won't talkk to me. How do I get him to forgive me? It was a mistake and I seriously regret it...

Pregnant and don't want to continue [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm 25 years old and 13 weeks pregnant. I have suffered from bi-polar disorder and severe depression my entire life. I am also a recovering drug addict and alcoholic with over 4 months clean. I have had 3 suicide attempts, 2 of them within the past year. When I found out I was pregnant, I...

Should I continue or not? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, I met this guy when I was working in Seattle 2 years ago. I had a boyfriend at that time (for more than 10 yrs) but I somehow fall in for him. He loves me and we have sex, though he has a girlfriend for 10+ years. The thing is, I moved back home, and moved out my boyfriend's place 6...

View more questions Search