Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barbaraco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2012, 10:16 PM
    Strong pain medicine without codiene
    I am having a complete knee reconstruction and am allergic to codiene is there a strong pain killer I can take.
    Thks Barbara
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 17, 2012, 10:46 PM
    Oh, heavens yes. Toradol is great for post surgical pain relief. Have you discussed your issues with your doctor?

The hospital will ask you what you are allergic to and avoid those medications at all costs. There are plenty of other medications that do not contain codeine.

May I ask what your reaction to codeine is?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Percocet vs codiene? [ 1 Answers ]

If you are allergic to codiene can you take percocet ? Do they have the same chemical background

How long should I wait when on pain medicine to go back to the doctor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been having excrutiating at times left hip pain. It radiates down my leg and into my low back some. It aches all the time, but movement can be horrible. Moving from sitting to standing or standing to sitting is worse than walking even though walking is slow and I put most of my weight...

Strong pain in my chest, why could this be? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't drink coffee, I try to excersise as much as possible, and I eat well. I could be just sitting down, I could be doing anything and this sharp pain in my chest comes and I have to hold my breath for a few seconds because it hurts so much to take a breath.. What could this be?

Loss of appetite, strong abdominal pain [ 3 Answers ]

OK, so here's my deal. Sorry it's so long, but I haven't been feeling well for a very long time and need some advice since doctors have no idea. In February I started getting very bad abdominal pains, they would be very sharp and wake me up in the middle of the night if I was able to sleep at...

Codiene and Oxycodone [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to use codiene in my couch syrup. Because I got a script for Tylox and have been scared to take them together or separate either. Could you please tell me if it is safe because I need both medications. I am just scared of medicine but I have just gotten over...

View more questions Search