Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wxgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2012, 10:51 PM
    Atmospheric Thermodynamics hw problem
    HELP! My classmates and I have been staring at this problem for two days now and it's not one from a textbook I can just look up--my prof. wrote it up. I feel like some kind of information is missing, but if you can figure it out, help would be much appreciated. The problem is as follows:

Find the average molecular weight M and specific gas constant R for some air with a water vapor pressure of 30 hPa, a total pressure of 1atm, and a temperature of 30oC.

The rest I can figure out, but we can't do the rest of the problem without solving this first part before hand!

Check out some similar questions!

Atmospheric physics problem [ 0 Answers ]

Given a relative humidity of cloud 101%, calculate the total mass of water vapour per unit horizontal area in a vertical column of atmosphere. If all this water vapour were to precipitate out, how many millimetres of rain would result? The pressure at cloud height is 900 hPa and the temperature...

Atmospheric pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Why we can't feel the atmospheric pressure presses on our body?

Atmospheric Pressure [ 0 Answers ]

The cross section of the tube of a mercury barometer is 1 square centimeter, and when the barometric height is 760 millimeters, 6 centimeters of the upper end of the tube is empty. When a bubble of air is passed up into the tube it is found that the mercury surface in the tube drops 2 centimeters....

Atmospheric Pressure [ 1 Answers ]

Should atmospheric pressure increase or decrease as one goes from the beach to the mountains? Explain.

Atmospheric sensor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 90 honda civic si my ecu is reading code 13 the atmospheric pressure sensor is defective.The problem is I can not seem to locate and do not even know what one looks like.I have tried with no success to find a picture or even any info about.I know where my map sensor is and that is not the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.