Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ur0s Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2012, 12:31 PM
    Can I get an interview from an electrical engineer
    My name is Uros Gavrilović  and I am a student of Passaic County Technical Institute located in Wayne, NJ. I am currently enrolled in a pre-engineering, four year program called Project Lead the Way (PLTW). PLTW is a nationally funded program whose curriculum prepares students with the foundations of engineering by providing coursework that utilizes science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education. The program's main goal is to recruit students into a career in one of the many fields of engineering by using hands-on activities for motivation.

This year I am taking the junior level course called Principles of Engineering (POE) where one of our first assignments is to conduct a personal interview with a professional in the field of engineering, engineering technology, or another high-tech, high-demand field. I was wondering if you can take some time from your busy schedule to assist me by using you as the contact for my assignment. If you give me consent, I would need you to provide me some information on your professional background and then answer a few questions regarding your work experience and also your contact information.

Contact Info
    Job Title:
    Company Name & Address(Full mailing):
    E-mail Address:
    Company Website:
    Company Phone:
    Personal Phone(If you give consent):
    Degree/Certification (include school or institution name):

Interview Questions
    Please describe your (present or past) engineering field.
    What is your current job title?
    Please describe your particular job and duties.
    What is (or was) your average work schedule?
    Starting with high school, describe your educational background chronologically.
    If you had to do it over, related to your career or education, would you do anything differently?
    What advice would you give me as someone interested in pursuing a career path similar to yours?

I really appreciate the time you have given me and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 01:36 PM
    I doubt that anyone that's qualified on this site, would give you the information you're requesting. Email? Phone number?

You need to find someone in this field, and interview them in person. On this site we value our anonymity, and we do not give personal information out to anyone that asks. It's just not okay, and it's not okay to ask. This is the internet, for all we know you could be a serial killer, a pedophile, you could be scamming. We know nothing about you, and you're asking for very personal information.

Go to a professional in your area, and ask that person face to face. No one on this site is going to agree to do this.

Good luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2012, 04:51 PM
    Your school should help you find an alumni who qualifies
    Ur0s Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
    Well the assignment is I need to find someone with a job in a technical job. An electrical engineer was what I would like but I really could go with anyone with a technical job. I really should have posted something where someone can send me their email to my email which is {e-mail removed}. Thanks for the answer but it does not help that much, because the assignment is for me to find someone by myself and in my area there is not a lot of people I can interview because my classmates have already interviewed them which means I can't.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ur0s View Post
    Well the assignment is I need to find someone with a job in a technical job. An electrical engineer was what I would like but I really could go with anyone with a technical job. I really should have posted something where someone can send me their email to my email which is {e-mail removed}. Thanks for the answer but it does not help that much, because the assignment is for me to find someone by myself and in my area their is not alot of people I can interview because my classmates have already interviewed them which means I can't.
    The fact is you're on a website asking people that don't know you to give you their email address, their home address, their phone number, their full name, and a lot of other very private information.

We all have usernames, they're not our real names. There's a reason for that. This internet is a scary place, and identity theft is a common thing nowadays. Anyone that would give you the information you're asking for over the internet, is a fool. There aren't any fools here.

Why can't you interview someone that's already been interviewed by another classmate? If there aren't many technical people in your area then the school should expect people to be interviewed more than once by more than one classmate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are frequently asked questions in technical interview of Chemical Engineer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I'm B.Tech in Petrochemical Technology... plz let me know the question asked in technical interview of Chemical or Process Engineer By learning any chemical software can I improve my marketability... Please help this out... :confused:

Ask an electrical engineer [ 0 Answers ]

I am building a 12 micro motor wind generator array. Each motor is rated 0.2 amps at 12 volts. Each produces 12 v dc after connecting them to a rectifier, and they are all connected in parallel. How many amps will they produce altogether?

Ask an electrical engineer [ 1 Answers ]

I need to build an electrical transformer for stepping up/stepping down voltages and currents. One method would be to place the secondary coil INSIDE the primary coil, as in a typical Tesla coil setup. The other method is to put the two coils SIDE BY SIDE in proximity, as is normally done. My...

Can a electrical engineer get a job after a felony [ 1 Answers ]

I have a electrical engineering degree from a four year college was wondering if I would be able to still be hired with a felony drug conviction?

Electrical Engineer with a felony? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 25 years old and was convicted 3 yrs ago of: Theft by Unlawful Taking, Criminal Mischief and Criminal Trespassing; these were all felony's. I am now going to PSU for Electrical Engineering and was wondering if anyone had a clue if I was going to be able to find a job, or am I going to be...

View more questions Search