Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pitbull Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2012, 08:59 AM
    Class 6 felony
    I ran from police on my street bike at 170 mph. No other charges on my record, I am clean. They arrested me processed me an let me go 2 hrs later. What am I looking at?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2012, 09:20 AM
    Losing your license a very long time ofter your court trial... very expensive insurance...

Possible jail time after the court trial... lots of lawyers fees... and possible more depending on exactly what all the charges they made were... and they were certainly more than just reckless driving...

Sep 16, 2012, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Losing your license a very long time ofter your court trial....very expensive insurance...

Possible jail time after the court trial...lots of lawyers fees....and possible more depending on exactly what all the charges they made were....and they were certainly more than just reckless driving...
    I was charged w class 6 felony. They processed me an let me go due to no record and I have a job an 2 small kids. I was stupid an screwed up I no.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 11:36 PM
    And you will lose your drivers license for 6 months to 3 years.

You will pay a 500 to 1000 dollar fine

Most likely do community service 25 to 100 hours

I would say either no jail time or no more than 6 months ( most likely at at 3 most served)

Less if you have a top notch lawyer. Slightly more if you don't.

If your area has had, or if there is in the news before trial, any case where someone is seriously hurt from a high speed pursuit, expect a worst sentence.

If this would be election time for the judges, your would be a good public safety case to use for political gain to show public how they are tough on crime,

Too many factors to guess what y

Sep 17, 2012, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    And you will lose your drivers license for 6 months to 3 years.

you will pay a 500 to 1000 dollar fine

Most likely do community service 25 to 100 hours

I would say either no jail time or no more than 6 months ( most likely at at 3 most served)

Less if you have a top notch lawyer. slightly more if you don't.

If your area has had, or if there is in the news before trial, any case where someone is seriously hurt from a high speed pursuit, expect a worst sentence.

If this would be election time for the judges, your would be a good public safety case to use for political gain to show public how they are tough on crime,

Too many factors to guess what y
    Idk why I ran, I was on my buddies bike and did.not want to get him in trouble! Again STUPID! Nobody was hurt, I almost wrecked so I said screw it an pulled over. I am selling my bike because it is not worth it. I am hoping I get suspended time, I will do anything else but don't want to think about leaving my family 4 jail. Idk...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2012, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    Idk y I ran, I was on my buddies bike and did.not wanna get him in trouble! Again STUPID! Nobody was hurt, I almost wrecked so I said screw it an pulled over. I am selling my bike bc it is not worth it. I am hoping I get suspended time, I will do anything else but don't wanna think bout leaving my family 4 jail. Idk.....

If you get away with a suspended time you are going to be the luckiest man breathing today.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 17, 2012, 07:43 AM
    Yes, if you ran doing 90 maybe, there are stories every month of someone hurt or killed because of high speed and high speed pursuits.

You endangered police officers chasing you, ( and the public in the area) The police will push for max most likely, And again, I had a friend killed in a high speed chase, so If Ihad been the arresting officer I would be there asking the DA to take it to the max. The judge then knows by how they charge it and/or how or how they don't deal. If the DA opening statements make you sound like Billy the Kid on a killing spree, you know you are screwed.

Best bet, hire the best attorney you can, make a plea deal with the DA office
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2012, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    Idk y I ran, I was on my buddies bike and did.not wanna get him in trouble! Again STUPID! Nobody was hurt, I almost wrecked so I said screw it an pulled over. I am selling my bike bc it is not worth it. I am hoping I get suspended time, I will do anything else but don't wanna think bout leaving my family 4 jail. Idk.....

I see absolutely no way you are going to walk away from this. The reverse argument is going to be - and I am in and out of Court - that maybe you should have thought about leaving your family forever by killing yourself riding on high speeds, evading the Police.

"Now you're worried about leaving your family. Maybe you should have worried when you were fleeing the Police."

It's callous, but I think it's going to be an issue.

I'd get the best Attorney you can find, but I think you're going to have a serious problem.

Sep 18, 2012, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I see absolutely no way you are going to walk away from this. The reverse argument is going to be - and I am in and out of Court - that maybe you should have thought about leaving your family forever by killing yourself riding on high speeds, evading the Police.

"Now you're worried about leaving your family. Maybe you should have worried when you were fleeing the Police."

It's callous, but I think it's going to be an issue.

I'd get the best Attorney you can find, but I think you're going to have a serious problem.
    You are right. I did the crime now I do the time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a class 6 felony in virginia? [ 1 Answers ]

My son just got convicted of a class 6 felony for possession of a cell phone while serving time for a misdermeanor... he took a plea of guilty because his court apppointed lawyer suggested that he not continue the case (we were trying to retain a lawyer). Part of the plea, states that he cannot...

Felony class 6 [ 1 Answers ]

What is the punishment on felony class 6 ( threat-in writing on internet) in state of virginia for a 21 year old with no records of any type?

Class D felony [ 5 Answers ]

What is a Class D felony and what is the penalty? couns1337

What level or class felony is poss/w intent to distribute class d [ 3 Answers ]

In criminal law is possession with intent to distribute class d "one gram " a major or minor felony? I have this on my record because in mass there was no limit to be charged this way But now it is a civil offence no longer a crime.now that mass law is changed when it comes to marijauna will my...

View more questions Search