Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    midget2429 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2012, 06:16 AM
    Pleasant time vs good time
    When a man says he had a pleasant time, does that mean the same thing as he had a good time?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 07:04 AM
    No idea and what does a good time mean? Same as a wonderful or great time ?

What nationality is the man, is pleasant a normal part of his terms ? ( not mine)

Guess asking him to clarify is the only way to know.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 07:19 AM
    Please give more details. Was this a date, a dinner party at someone's home, a trip to an amusement park, a church activity? Yes, and how old was the man and what is his nationality?

Sep 16, 2012, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Please give more details. Was this a date, a dinner party at someone's home, a trip to an amusement park, a church activity? Yes, and how old was the man and what is his nationality?
    It was our first date. We have been talking on the phone for over an hour at a time and texting back and forth. He is 30 and Haitian.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 07:30 AM
    I would guess he had a good time. Not many people use the more formal "pleasant" any longer. It might indicate he was somewhat disappointed but the date was mostly good, or it might indicate the date turned out better than he had thought it would. Or it might be just a word in his vocabulary.

Are you two still talking? :D If he asks you out again, pleasant = good.

Sep 16, 2012, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I would guess he had a good time. Not many people use the more formal "pleasant" any longer. It might indicate he was somewhat disappointed but the date was mostly good, or it might indicate the date turned out better than he had thought it would. Or it might be just a word in his vocabulary

Are you two still talking? :D If he asks you out again, pleasant = good.
    he texted me this morning after I posted. Thank you for the advice
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by midget2429 View Post
    he texted me this morning after I posted. Thank you for the advice
    My money is on pleasant = good.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 16, 2012, 08:45 AM
    I have to agree, pleasant, good both positive terms.
    Had he not enjoyed the date I think he would have simply said "Good night"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One last good time or go [ 7 Answers ]

There is a girl that I love. We were going to get married. We met online 7 years ago. Had a stupid online youth love going that didn't mean that much. Broke up. Stayed chatting/skyping. About 3 years ago we decided to meet in real person. We fell in love all over again, this time serious. We knew...

Is she gone for good this time? [ 7 Answers ]

This may get a little long, because I want to make sure you (the answerer) have a good understanding of the situation. My girlfriend and I have been together for nearly 5 years. As is usually the case, things were perfect in the beginning. We couldn't get enough of each other. We spent every...

Good time to build [ 2 Answers ]

With the economic slowdown and pending recession looming, are building materials on the rise (inflationary) or on the decrease? We are building a new home, but didn't know if we should wait or if now would actually be a good time to build.

Its time for Mac to go. For good this time. [ 8 Answers ]

HI to Everyone. I found this site 3 months ago and received so much info which I didn't even really take in. I stayed around it kept me occupied. Taliman, chuff, wildcat, jeur, jiser, geoff, sbelle and many others helped me through a difficult patch. Its been a long road and my Ex well she...

View more questions Search