Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csno20 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 01:12 PM
    How much is jade worth nowadays
    I have two big foo dog book ends that are made entirely of jade and I'm thinking about selling them.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 15, 2012, 01:26 PM
    Really depends on your location and the providence of the pieces.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 15, 2012, 02:22 PM
    What kind of jade? What color? How old? How detailed is the carving? Where are they from (provenance)?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2012, 05:05 PM
    First is it real Jade, lots and lots of fake jade running around, and very hard to tell the difference if not trained

Is it jadite?

Next what color:

The mineral content of the jade ( where it came from)

Then of course since it is carved, was it hand carved or machine carved?

Does the design have any rarity ?

Is it appealing to a buyer ?

Sep 16, 2012, 04:29 PM
    They're pretty heavy, light green, and hand carved for sure.
    They seem to be legit but I haven't found a place near me that specializes in jade so I'm not certain that it's authentic.

I doubt it's rarity, I've found some foo dog bookends but none of them were jade that sold for quite a bit.

Foo dogs are popular because of their meaning.

Chinese quardian lions, are the ancient sacred dogs of Asia who have traditionally guarded palaces, temples, tombs and homes of the wealthy.

Sep 16, 2012, 04:47 PM
    I live in Dallas, TX and I can't find any kind of marking on them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is a Snow Hawk worth nowadays? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm referring to the Snow Hawk snowmobile. It is a snowmobile with only one ski up front instead of two. I'm looking at getting a 2008 Top Gun 800, but I'd like to know the price of the smaller and older versions as well. I assume the asking price has gone down quite a bit since they came out, but...

Is Al-Imam Al-Mahdi alive nowadays? If yes, since when, and where is he? [ 1 Answers ]

Also, it seems like we can count time differently as Allah defined that a day of which He counts is like 1000 years of our counting. Then there is a time that comes where Dajjal lives 40 days on earth: one day like a year, one day like a month and one day like a week and the rest of his days like...

Friend seems distant nowadays [ 7 Answers ]

I've been friends with this girl online for about 1.5 years. (strictly platonic) We didn't really talk a lot until about 4 months ago. From then till about May we talked like almost everyday, or quite a few times a week. And they were really fun and nice to talk to, and I was glad that she wanted...

View more questions Search