Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PaulGoode Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 08:53 AM
    Can't find a joke
    I don't remember where I first heard a joke punch line.

I thought it was on "Aesop and Son" or "Peabody's improbable History" from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show. I cannot find an episode with the story.

One character tells the story of the Trojan Horse concluding with "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts" whereupon the other replies that the true message of the story was Beware of GIFTS bearing GREEKS

Does anyone know the origin of this wonderful awful magnificent pun?
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Sep 21, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Hmmm I found some info on a Rocky and Bullwinkle comic book from 1962 with a section of Peabodys Improbable History called 'Horsing Around' - the synopsis references Trojan Horse... this is from comic book #1, looks as though it was reprinted in #12... is it possible you read the joke, rather than watched it?
    GCD :: Issue :: Bullwinkle #1
    PaulGoode Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 09:18 PM
    Thanks, I'll look for it and see if the pun is in there---Paul

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does he joke around with me sometimes? [ 3 Answers ]

On a few of the text messages he asked if I liked him and I told him that I did, and I asked him if he liked me, and he said no, because he already has a girlfriend but I didn't believe him. Then one day when he called me and he told me two girls that he liked, (I knew he doesn't actually like...

Am I a joke? [ 6 Answers ]

Guys, I have a problem with my work right now. I feel that I am the biggest joke in my company. One of my jobs is to coordinate a certain program with another company. I started this program from scratch. Now that it is already in place, and is being implemented, the company suddenly hired...

Is This A Joke? [ 6 Answers ]

Please tell me this is a joke. » Full Service Medical Adoption Agency | Medical Adoptions - Full Service International Adoption Agency

Tell me what you think of this joke. [ 3 Answers ]

"Winning an argument is like winning the special olympics, you're still a retard." My brother told me this after I beat him in a name calling contest.

View more questions Search