Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mailmeabhi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 06:49 AM
    What’s wrong about marrying a girl 4 years older?
    One of my friend (age-28)fell in love with a girl(age-32) who is nearly four years elder than him, and they love each other very much. They are not able to take the decision of marriage, because their parent thinks that the girl is much elder than their son.

What about your opinions?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2012, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mailmeabhi View Post
    One of my friend (age-28)fell in love with a girl(age-32) who is nearly four years elder than him, and they love each other very much. They are not able to take the decision of marriage, because their parent thinks that the girl is much elder than their son.

What about your opinions?

Opinions about the age difference or opinions about why the parents are being allowed to make decisions for their adult children?

What culture is this?

In the US you marry the person you love. If there's an age difference which is immaterial to the two parties, then it is meaningless.
    Anormalguy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 07:42 AM
    It all depends on them I say.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 15, 2012, 07:44 AM
    My husband is older than I am, and it doesn't bother either of us. This must be an issue of culture, because the ages are very similar.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2012, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    My husband is older than I am, and it doesn't bother either of us. This must be an issue of culture, because the ages are very similar.

I've been married to older and younger - never mattered to us.
    bigNavySeal Posts: 106, Reputation: 19

Sep 16, 2012, 09:27 AM
    My recent ex is 32 and I am 27, and even though our love wasn't strong enough (obviously, she's my ex), age did play a role as in that she was pushing for commitment (marriage) and children due to her 'aging' (as she put it herself), while I wasn't quite ready yet... Were she a couple of years younger good chance we were still together...

Would not be an argument I suppose when the couple is definitely sure they want to get married, as there's still time for kids and all...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 21 years old girl/woman. I don't want or enjoy sex? Is there something wrong [ 4 Answers ]

4 years, love my boyfriend, I am bored, I don't enjoy sex with him. I don't want to leave him, my mom did it to my dad and I always said I would never break some ones heart.. I don't want to hurt him.. Can anyone help please? What should I do?

Is it wrong to love someone whose older than you by 18 years? [ 5 Answers ]

I love a man whose older than me by 18 years old and he loves me too I want to know if it is wrong or not? But I truly love him and he loves me too and we can't stay away from each other

I am dating a guy 13 years older than me with kid. How do I know if I am wrong? [ 12 Answers ]

I, I am 29 years old women , actually I am kind of interested in mature guys and I am seeing a 42 years old guy, that has a 3 years old kid from his ex-gf. The kid is not living with him. He is really in love with me and he is very caring. So far I don't have problem with him and he has managed his...

Marrying an older woman [ 8 Answers ]

In October of 2006 I started working with this lady... we work right next to each other for 8-10 hours a day and we are free to talk 90% of the time! Well after about 6 months we took a business trip and had to stay at a hotel. She had a few drinks but I wasn't old enough yet :D One thing led...

How can I get a girl 2 years older that me? [ 4 Answers ]

I really like this girl who is turning seventeen on Sunday. I am 15 and she says that she doesn't like younger guys. I play soccer with her bro and she has told me that she finds everyone on the team attractive but she says that we are all to young. How can I ask her out and have her like me as a...

View more questions Search