Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ec1181 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2012, 08:14 PM
    Charity of Homeless Shelter in San Diego
    Please help! I have been writing to big corporations about our charity campaign
    for the homeless & they don't want to help me; they are asking me about the tax
    exemption form id#. I just initiated the campaign & I really need help to make my campaign successful regarding the homeless. We are assembling healthcare kits for the homeless that includes: towels, sock, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoos, soap, lip balm, lotion & possibly t-shirt and a snack. Thanks to St Vincent de paul of San Diego who has donated almost 100% of products on my campaign.. These kits will be distributed on the homeless shelter before X'mas at St Vince de Paul. Any suggestion? I've tried joining recycle group--nothing works...
    Please help...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2012, 08:17 PM
    I assume you haven't formed a proper legal charity... if you were you would have that ID #...

Otherwise you are just a group collecting to give to others... there are legal differences here...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 14, 2012, 11:38 PM
    Yes, You form a legal charity, get that tax ID number, you are not going to get any large corporations to donate ( or even talk to you) with out it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

San Diego to Disneyland! Help [ 5 Answers ]

Please anyone Me and three friends want to go Disneyland since it's the last time we see each other problably We want to take a straight way to Disneyland from San Diego ,it would be a round trip since we plan to make it a one day visit please anyone preferably a transportation with more people...

How to open up a shelter for the homeless OR for battered women. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My name is Justin and I am very interested in opening up a shelter for homeless children or battered women... not quite sure which one I just know that I want to benefit my community and also make a stable living for myself and my family. I have the motivation and ambition but I lack resources....

What to do with a Violent Felony? SAN DIEGO [ 1 Answers ]

My brother, who is 29 years old now has a violent felony on his record. He received it when he was 18 years old for getting in a fight with steel toed boots. He also has a drug possession felony on his record as well. Recently, he decided to get help and has been sober for 1 year. He wants to have...

San diego [ 1 Answers ]

What is the distance between studio city, ca. and san diego, ca?

View more questions Search