Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zahide Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    Ok. Now I have a better understanding.
    My solicitor said she can't find out I need to call the courts in Cyprus and the child abduction team can't allocate him. I have his work address this is ridiculess
    Now. They are saying I got to wait 😓till they find him 😒

Dec 1, 2012, 02:35 PM
    I've had two hearings in Cyprus for my daughter. Her dad now has put forward why he has chose to keep her. I'm now waiting go a reply why he has kept her and fur an oral hearing.
    I received a letter from the county court this morning saying its urgent? I need to call them Monday morning.
    Dose anyone know what this can be, I thought it would be done all through Cyprus courts, why would county courts want me to contact them in urgent please can someone explain?? Would it be for custody of my daughter?
    🙏Pls can someone help x

Dec 1, 2012, 03:28 PM
    I will call Monday morning to see what it is x the letter said to the occupant wich I guess it's the person that owns the house and thsts my sister where we live x please if anyone would know what the county court could be x
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 1, 2012, 04:39 PM
    No clue as to what the county court wants. If it was addressed to Occupant, it is probably unrelated.

What happened at the Cyprus hearings? Was the court made aware that he kept your daughter in violation of a standing custody order and in violation of the Hague convention?

Dec 1, 2012, 04:45 PM
    Hi Scott
    Thank you for quick response
    It has got to do with my daughter because the refrance is my name and a number and Cyprus on the front of letter. Bit it says occupant, so it's like it's not official but its urgent
    I don't understand.
    As for the hearing, their was a hearing for him to return her then another him exposing why he is not returning her and now I'm waiting for a reply to what he has said but now I'm waiting I got this urgent letter to contact the court here??
    I thinking well hoping that its something to help me like me going full custody of her. May be the courts their have contacted courts here about why his reasons are of keeping her and its not good enough reasons to keep her and I get full custody as he has been in Cyprus for too long and she is a British citizen??

Dec 1, 2012, 05:07 PM
    You'll just have to wait until Monday sorry to say. Let us know.

Dec 1, 2012, 05:11 PM
    Ok I understand. It's a bit confusing.
    Because the child abduction team are meant to get bk to me and they haven't.
    Ok will let you know 😪😪😪x
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 1, 2012, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem;
    Ok, So both the UK and Cyprus subscribe to the Hague Convention? ...
    Scott, you do know that Cyprus is, in effect, two countries?

Dec 1, 2012, 05:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Scott, you do know that Cyprus is, in effect, two countries?
    Actually I wasn't aware of that. According to the research I just did, only Turkey recognizes the sovereignty of the Turkish occupied areas. The UN (and ergo, the Hague) recognize the Repiblic of Cypris as the ruling government.

Dec 1, 2012, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Actually I wasn't aware of that. According to the research I just did, only Turkey recognizes the sovereignity of the Turkish occupied areas. the UN (and ergo, the Hague) recognize the Repiblic of Cypris as the ruling government.
    Thank you ill let u all know the out come on Monday... she's on Greek side of Cyprus x
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 1, 2012, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahide;
    ... she's on Greek side of Cyprus
    Well, that simplifies it then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father of my daughter may not be her biological father [ 10 Answers ]

When I got with my ex partner I had just got out of a relationship. I then found out I was pregnant. The date matched up to my partner at the time and we went on to have our daughter and his name went on the birth certificate. We then started to argue as people had said how my daughter didn't look...

Father! Marcelino montalvo. A daughter in need of her real father [ 14 Answers ]

Ok I now you hear this a lot but I am looking for my father.. I haven't seen him since I was a couple of months.. but when I was 16 and ranaway I saw him at the best buy in kendall Florida.. but I didn't say anything to him. I regret it and I just want him in my life. His name is marcelino...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...

View more questions Search