Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BetaBoy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 07:56 PM
    70' 80's spy,secret agent , action , martial arts movie gurus !
    I am trying to track down the title of a film I saw on TV here in australia in the late 70's / 80's , unsure . I don't have any info about actors , directors or even a specific year , sorry.

It was about ( bare with me please , I may have gotten some of this wrong ) a soldier whose death was faked so he could undertake more secret operations within the military or something , he was taken to a facility to undergo special training , he was trained by a old wisened asian master .

I remember the training scenes mainly , the master made our hero train in a room full of metal poles sticking out of the ground , each pole at different heights , where he had to jump from one to another , just as our hero was getting cocky " hey I think i got the hang of this ! " the master left the room turning off the light as he did so , leaving us with a black screen hearing only a loud crash & a groan .

I think he was also buried alive in one scene & had to dig his way out , but in the end I think the master & his student had to fight each other to the death after the mission our hero was chosen for was completed . There may have been some stipulation within this top secret organisation where you could not leave , you could only die in action , or something .

I realise this may be a vague outline , but any help is greatly appreciated .

Mar 8, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaBoy
    I am trying to track down the title of a film i saw on tv here in australia in the late 70's / 80's , unsure . I dont have any info about actors , directors or even a specific year , sorry.

It was about ( bare with me please , I may have gotten some of this wrong ) a soldier whose death was faked so he could undertake more secret operations within the military or something , he was taken to a facility to undergo special training , he was trained by a old wisened asian master .

I remember the training scenes mainly , the master made our hero train in a room full of metal poles sticking out of the ground , each pole at different heights , where he had to jump from one to another , just as our hero was getting cocky " hey I think i got the hang of this ! " the master left the room turning off the light as he did so , leaving us with a black screen hearing only a loud crash & a groan .

I think he was also buried alive in one scene & had to dig his way out , but in the end i think the master & his student had to fight each other to the death after the mission our hero was chosen for was completed . There may have been some stipulation within this top secret organisation where you could not leave , you could only die in action , or something .

I realise this may be a vague outline , but any help is greatly appreciated .
    Oh ! One more thing , the main character was a guy , short dark hair , kind of reminded me of a younger tommy lee jones , already tried IMDB for Tommy lee jones films , couldn't find anything . Hope this helps .
    cowardleelion Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Mar 9, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Remo williams the adventure begins it's a hoot
    cowardleelion Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Mar 9, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Fred Ward stars he was a cop Joel Grey was the old teacher "Chiun" 1985 stay away from the DVD, poor quality.

Mar 9, 2007, 09:37 PM
    Thank you sooo much cowardleelion , you have hit the nail on the head , fred Ward! Of course! Now to find a copy of it .

Maybe I can return the favour sometime

Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of a martial arts movie where they used acupuncture to kill. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I remember of this martial arts movie where the main character was a white american guy. The orientals in the movie used to kill using acupuncture needles. I think it's from the 70's or 80's, but can't remember the name of the movie nor the actors name for searching in imdb. Thanks ...

Martial arts movie [ 4 Answers ]

About 15 to 20 years ago I saw a movie which I can no longer recall the name of. The movie was about 5 or 6 guys who used to be in the same military unit together- who come together to help save a town or what not. Of the characters I can remember- one was drunk living in a salvage yard, one was a...

Martial art action movie 90's (complete plot) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here, but as I've read very difficult requests being answered on this site I got confident that you'll be able to answer mine I saw this movie in 1991 or 1992 on videotape from tv-recording So it might be a couple of years older Non-chinese, its USA with hollywood actors but don't...

80's martial arts type movie [ 2 Answers ]

There was a movie that used to be shown a good amount. I remember it had a young man, around 18-25, that was sent into this obstacle course with other guys his age. In the course, they had to pass these guards in outfits that looked like kkk outfits, but black. These guards could not talk to...

View more questions Search