Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    siudave Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2005, 12:43 PM
    Out of office notice
    I am using Microsoft Outlook in office XP, how to enable the setup for the out of office notice and set it to automatically replied the sender whenever I am out of office? Please help.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 18, 2005, 11:36 AM
    Here you go, hope it helps
    Microsoft Outlook has a feature known as “Out of Office Assistant”. This feature enables a user to have e-mail automatically responded to when out of the office regardless if your computer is off or on. You can find this feature under the “Tools” menu in Microsoft Outlook.

Unfortunately this feature requires that your e-mail server be running on Microsoft Exchange to work. Therefore if your server is not running Microsoft Exchange this option will be missing from the Tools Menu.

However, users who do not have Exchange servers can also setup a rule to automatically reply to their messages during a specific date, to do this follow the below steps.

Before following the below steps you will want to create a Microsoft Outlook template which contains your out of office message telling users when you will be away and when you will return.

1. Click Tools and then Rules Wizard.
    2. Click New.
    3. Select “Check messages when they arrive” and click Next.
    4. Check “received in a specified date span” click the date span link in the rule description box and specify the date and click OK and then Next.
    5. Check “reply using a specific template” and in the rule description click the template link and point to the template you created earlier. You may need to change the “Look In” to “User Templates in File System”. Once the file has been selected Click Open.
    6. Click Finish.

Of course for this to successfully work you will need to have your computer open and Outlook open as well while you are gone.
    Murray S. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2005, 07:31 PM
    Howdy:

You really don't want to use either method if at all possible.. All you are doing is guaranteeing any SPAM you get will be returned with the message thus proving you have an open and active email account..

Then, don't hold your breath waiting to be swamped with spam as they sell your email address to every other spammer out there!

Murray
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 21, 2005, 10:23 PM
    Not sure
    I am not exactly sure what you mean by that statement, you really did not go into any detail to explain it.
    :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30 day notice [ 2 Answers ]

I am giving a 30 day notice on the first of the month and wanted to know if rent had to be paid during that time. I will actually be gone before the 30 days is up. A friend who owns and rents property told me that legally I am not required to pay but most people do because they don't know any...

30 day notice [ 5 Answers ]

If I put in a 30 day notice on the 5th and they did not get it until the 9th. The notice is dated the 5th can they make me stay or pay until the 9th even it I will be gone on the 2nd. Also can they evict me if I paid $375 which of which my security deposit was $850.00 and the rent is $1225. I...

30 day notice? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm in San Diego, California and I was initially on a lease, which expired over year ago so I am now month to month. The lease stipulates that if the lease expires without renewal the terms of the lease still apply in the month to month situation. The lease also stipulates that the tenant shall...

30 day notice [ 1 Answers ]

If I received a 30 day notice on the 31st of the month, do I still have to pay the rent on the 1st. :confused: :confused:

Please help out of office notice [ 1 Answers ]

How to set up the notice at MS outlook?

View more questions Search