Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jeannette181 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2012, 10:15 AM
    Contra expense account
    I have a member of our llc that borrowed a lot of money on personal credit cards to start and keep the business. He declared bankruptcy. All his debt was erased. The company had been paying the credit cards but also could not pay any longer, hence the personal bankruptcy. How do I write off these liabilities on our books.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2012, 04:27 PM
    You will have to reverse the remaining liabilities out of the various accounts they relate to. Without knowing how the investment was recorded in the first place we cannot offer a more detailed explanation
    Jeannette181 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2012, 10:20 AM
    They were recorded as credit card charges under current liabilities and paid monthly for several years until the bankruptcy.
    Thank you.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2012, 03:54 PM
    So you want to create an adjustment for prior year transactions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is contra account [ 1 Answers ]

How to record revenue of sales into a journal and how do I know which contra account to use? If I sold a room for $100 I will credit my sales account correct? Which account would I need to debit?

Trial bal with contra account [ 0 Answers ]

I have a trial bal with a accounts receivable cur $5906.00 with a contra account 90 dryas bal 38495.00 how do I proceed with this to the bal sheet?

Contra revenue account Who would you question if it was not a mistake [ 2 Answers ]

Your merchandise inventory have been corrected, your sales proceeds (sales, COGS & returns) have been recorded. This is to record payments for your outstanding AR. Who would you question if it was not a mistake?

Asset account and its contra account balance is called? [ 2 Answers ]

I was unable to fined the answer to this question in my learning material. Thank you in advance for any help with this question.:)

Contra account? [ 5 Answers ]

Could someone please give me a simple example/s of contra account and a simple explanation of what it is. Thanks

View more questions Search