Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwoodlief123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2012, 10:03 AM
    Husband won't collect female co-worker's share of vacation cost.
    My husband has worked with a divorced woman for 3 years in very proximity. Their work stations are right next to the other. He wanted her and her son to go to Disney with us on vacation at our time share. I agreed OK as long as she paid her way. Husband bought their tickets with military discount and was to be reimbursed. I paid for timeshare in advance and an extra day that she wanted to stay and was to be reimbursed. Long story short, I got stuck at work very late and Husband & granddaughter and his friend & her son had to go the 1st night by themselves (in separate cars) and I had to follow the next day. After that weekend their chats, texts and phone calls to each other were significantly more than the prior years. Additionally, he went to her house to "fix her weedeater" on 2 separate occasions, making excuses why I couldn't go with him. I asked my husband repeatedly to collect the money she owed us (over $600) and he has yet to do so. He left me 2 weeks ago as he was unhappy and thinks I am crazy and he is just trying to be nice and they are good friends. Past history is husband had an affair years ago and then 1 1/2 yrs we split for 4 months because husband for having an "emotional affair" (he said no sex) with a different woman. He was chatting and tons of phone calls, texts, meeting her and typing he loved her.
    When we reconciled after the split 1 1/2 years ago, his grown children disowned him and kept him from grandkids because he went back to me. Now they are back in his life (which is great) but he has not included me. We started back in counseling but only one session so far.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2012, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwoodlief123 View Post
    My husband has worked with a divorced woman for 3 years in very close proximity. Their work stations are right next to the other. He wanted her and her son to go to Disney with us on vacation at our time share. I agreed OK as long as she paid her way. Husband bought their tickets with military discount and was to be reimbursed. I paid for timeshare in advance and an extra day that she wanted to stay and was to be reimbursed. Long story short, I got stuck at work very late and Husband & granddaughter and his friend & her son had to go the 1st night by themselves (in separate cars) and I had to follow the next day. After that weekend their chats, texts and phone calls to each other were significantly more than the prior years. Additionally, he went to her house to "fix her weedeater" on 2 separate occasions, making excuses why I couldn't go with him. I asked my husband repeatedly to collect the money she owed us (over $600) and he has yet to do so. He left me 2 wks ago as he was unhappy and thinks I am crazy and he is just trying to be nice and they are good friends. Past history is husband had an affair years ago and then 1 1/2 yrs we split for 4 months because husband for having an "emotional affair" (he said no sex) with a different woman. He was chatting and tons of phone calls, texts, meeting her and typing he loved her.
    When we reconciled after the split 1 1/2 years ago, his grown children disowned him and kept him from grandkids because he went back to me. Now they are back in his life (which is great) but he has not included me. We started back in counseling but only one session so far.

I think I would have put the "he moved out" part first.

Yes, I'd guess he's cheating, maybe with this woman, maybe with someone else.

Counseling is a good opition - but it takes time.

I'm an investigator. I work matrimonial surveillances. I have learned that there are two types of "cheaters." One type is a serial cheater. The other cheats once and learns a lesson.

I suspect your husband is #1.

Why did his children "disown" him after he reconciled with you?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 15, 2012, 05:37 AM
    Based on what you wrote, it sounds like he's cheating on you. You need to decide from here what to do.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2012, 05:39 AM
    If you believe it was just an "emotional" affair, I have some swamp land to sell you. I feel he was having a regular affair and most likely is doing the same now. ( or at least trying to)

So as for as the money, why have you not called her, or why have you not gone over to collect it ? And sounds like there are two cars? If he says he has to go over and he won't take you, why are you not going over yourself, how is he controlling you to force you to stay home? What excuse to make you stay home could it be.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 15, 2012, 05:51 AM
    Fr_Chuck makes an excellent point.

Years ago my first wife was doing suspicious things. Always needed to go somewhere but always had an excuse why I couldn't go. A few times I did go... long after she did. I documented what I saw and divorced her.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2012, 06:10 AM
    I find it somewhat odd that the title of the thread is about reimbursement of vacation expenses and the "husband moved out" part is at the very end.

I'm not exactly certain what the issue is - ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 15, 2012, 08:03 AM
    I think he moved out temporarily. Since they are in counseling, I assume that the intention is to get back together.
    But this story does indeed need some more clarification, as well as what your question is. How to collect? If she has been told by your husband that the trip is now a gift, you won't stand a chance in small claims. Even if she hasn't, he got the tickets. Why you had to pay for a timeshare which it sounds like you own is unclear, except for the extra day she wanted. Maybe you can sue her for one day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can male and female airmen share off-base housing? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm researching for a novel I'm planning, and was wondering about all the different housing regulations... They say that you can roommate with other airmen off-base to help with the cost of rent, but the regs I've read stop there... They don't specify if the airmen have to be both male, or both...

Can a Male and a Female share a one bedroom apartment in the state of Oregon? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 26 year old female. With a 44 year old male best friend. We have decided we want to move in together since we spend so much time hanging out anyway. He has invited me to move into his one bedroom apartment here in Oregon. He wants to give me and my 3 year old daughter the bedroom, and turn...

Vacation with ex-husband [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am Living with a man for about 5 months. I got divorced about 10 months ago. My ex and I remain very close friends ( non-sexual). He has planned a trip for 2 weeks out of the country and I want to join him. 1. I want to go irrespective if my ex went. 2. My ex would go irrespective if I...

View more questions Search