Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shingler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2012, 07:21 AM
    Why is there a draught coming up my shower drain hole
    We have a draught coming up through the shower drain hole. It brings with it a foul smell of the sewer
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 14, 2012, 07:42 AM
    Sounds like the trap's failed allowing sewer gas to enter your home. Seal off the drain ASAP. I hope the shower's a second floor installation. Then the repair would be a simple one. However if this ism on a slab the shower base will have to be removed and the cement opened up to service the trap. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Shower drain weep hole question [ 22 Answers ]

I dread the day I ever heard about weep holes! I made a huge mistake during my shower remodel. I re-used my old cast iron drain but never checked for open weep holes. I measured and cut the hole for the drain, placed the membrane over the drain, and presumably over the weep holes and sealed it. I...

Shower drain pipe has hole [ 6 Answers ]

For the third time I have a hole in the pipe below my shower pan. Twice I've had it fixed by two different people. They both had to remove the lower tiles, the shower pan and replace. Ok, so I am done with having someone else do it wrong. I can figure out how to remove everything but the...

Moving drain hole in a shower [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a tub with a shower pan, the hole needs to be moved 14 inches. This is a slab foundation. Thanks Jesse

Shower weep hole drain turned into tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my shower to a roman tub. The existing drain is a weep hole drain. Is there a plug for these type of drains? The idea is to use the same drain system and hot mop, tile, etc. around it.

View more questions Search