Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    animegurl91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 01:55 PM
    Will I fail a hair follicle test?
    I decided to grow up and try to get a real job and quit smoking marijuana, I haven't smoked in 5 months. I have though hanged out with friends one day during labor day weekend who are heavy pot smokers and I was exposed to secondhand smoke. I was in a basement was and 3 people where smoking by doing only a few bong hits. What I want know is will I fail the test or any other kind of drug test they plan to give me cause of this...
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2012, 02:30 PM
    Hair testing for THC is unique and simply being in the presence of those smoking can influence a test. That is because THC can enter your system via the sebaceous glands situated in the scalp. Pay special attention to cleaning your hair when being hair tested after being in the presence of those that smoke.
    animegurl91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Hair testing for THC is unique and simply being in the presence of those smoking can influence a test. That is because THC can enter your system via the sebaceous glands situated in the scalp. Pay special attention to cleaning your hair when being hair tested after being in the presence of those that smoke.
    Also when I did smoke I was less than a year and only on a crazy month it would be twice. Also since I quit I have cut 13 inches off my hair if that matters for anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you fail a hair follicle drug test by being around other people who are smoking [ 5 Answers ]

If you are hanging out with some friends and they light up a joint or blunt and smoke in a room right beside you or even while riding down the road with the windows down and you are fixing to take a hair follicle drug test in like two months can you fail even though you wasn't smoking it with them

Help, hair follicle test, used hair from arm pits [ 2 Answers ]

I stopped smoking in January 2012, before that I smoked two to three joints a week. July 7, after a friend died I had a couple of hits off a blunt. Yesterday, apron 49 days from when I last smoked weed, I had to take a hair follicle test for a possible job. I didn't know they were doing hair...

I used meth twice in a day and took a hair follicle. Will I fail? [ 15 Answers ]

I smoked two bowls of meth 2 1/2 weeks ago and had to take a hair follicle. Is it likely that I will fail for that? Please let me know!

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

I do not smoke marijuana but my wife does. I have to take a hair follicle test. Will I fail because the weed is in the hair, even though I do not smoke?

Hair follicle test pass/fail [ 7 Answers ]

I smoked about 3 weeks ago and haven't smoked in about 18 months. I took 2 hits and was done. I had a follicle test this week 7-20-2011. What are the chances I pass?

View more questions Search