Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacross30 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 01:11 PM
    Botany: Fungi
    List by common name 5 types of fungus sold either fresh or dried in a supermarket. Include the part that is being sold and how the fungus is used by humans.

List 5 products that are produced w/ the assistance of members of the kingdom Fungi.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 13, 2012, 01:25 PM
    Oh come ON. We helped you with your general question because it's difficult to start the research, but now you want us to do your grunt work for you? Trot on down to a grocer and look, or start googling. (You have already been told that mushrooms and yeast are fungi... and I will say that you probably eat yeast every day, in any product that contains flour and that rises.. )

Sep 13, 2012, 01:32 PM
    I did go and I came up with a few, but I wanted to get someone else's point of view. I came up w/ bread, mushrooms, cheese (blue cheese), soy sauce, and chocolate. So... I did do some of the "grunt" work.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sacross30 View Post
    I did go and I came up with a few, but I wanted to get someone else's point of view. I came up w/ bread, mushrooms, cheese (blue cheese), soy sauce, and chocolate. So...I did do some of the "grunt" work.
    So do more my friend. We are all volunteers here with permanent jobs, degrees, PHds we had to study for, need I go on...
    Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 01:48 PM
    You have no business sending me a private message not liking my answer. You could have answered here. Read our rules. You have received enough assistance.

You are out of line.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 02:00 PM
    You should be able to come up with the required five common names of mushrooms sold.

Sep 13, 2012, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    You have no business sending me a private message not liking my answer. You could have answered here. Read our rules. You have received enough assistance.

You are out of line.
    I sent you the private message ( a respectful one at that), not disliking your answer, but rather asking a general question.

The rules state, #4: Do not disparage any member publicly on the forums. If you state that you disagree with the answer of another member, please explain why politely.

I think you are the one out of line sir.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 13, 2012, 02:08 PM
    I'm just confused because you started wanting grocery store products that had no relation to plants at all, not even derived, yet now you want products produced 'with the assistance of' fungi. Bread, soy sauce, and chocolate are all plant based.
    Expert

Sep 13, 2012, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sacross30 View Post
    I sent you the private message ( a respectful one at that), not disliking your answer, but rather asking a general question.

The rules state, #4: Do not disparage any member publicly on the forums. If you state that you disagree with the answer of another member, please explain why politely.

I think you are the one out of line sir.
    Not sir, madam to you. Is not the Avatar a female figure?

You are still out of line on this forum. So back off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gradual rise and degradation of sex organs in fungi. [ 3 Answers ]

Describe in brief on the topic stated below- 'Gradual rise and degradation of sex organs in fungi.'

How to clean fungi looking spot on the pool [ 5 Answers ]

I have lots of black spot that looks like fungi spots but probably alge, how do I clean those spots? Already filled in my water in the pool and the problem area is 9ft. Deep please help

Fungi on zuchini plant [ 1 Answers ]

I am in North Florida near the ocean. My first attempt at growing a small organic vegetable garden which I started in late March. It was doing great until a few days ago. I have a fungus on the zuchini leaves and also on the stems. I sprayed with hydrogen peroxide today. I am hoping that will...

View more questions Search