Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judyyama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 07:52 PM
    Farm fresh eggs
    My daughter has egg laying chickens and gave my husband 1/2 dozen fresh eggs on Tues. afternoon. He left them in the truck Tues. eve and all day Wed. with outside temps in the 90"s. He brought them in and put them in the fridge, then told me he had forgotten them on Tues. I don't want to get sick, but hate to throw them out. Could they have Salmonella from being in the truck for over 24 hours in that heat? Thank-you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2012, 08:50 PM
    I guess an issue of how hot it was in the truck.

Historically and in many parts of the world, chicken eggs are not put in the fridge. For example shopping here were I am at, the eggs even in large markets are just in baskets on a counter. Or in crates on tables in roadside stands.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2012, 09:03 PM
    You don't mess around with iffy eggs and chicken meat. Like my mother always says, "When in doubt, throw it out."
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Sep 18, 2012, 10:26 PM
    Here are 2 search results that may help:

Then again, it is just six eggs, worth $1?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Farm fresh eggs [ 5 Answers ]

I am having a difficult time peeling farm fresh boiled eggs. Any suggestions?

Farm fresh eggs [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering if anyone knows why farm fresh eggs would have an unpleasant odor. When I crack the eggs, sometimes I get a smell, not rotten but not pleasant either, and I notice the smell sometimes when I am eating them also. Any advice on this?

Are farm fresh eggs more watery than store bought eggs? Is the yolk a pale yellow? [ 2 Answers ]

I buy my eggs from a local farmer. But the white is runnier than the ones I buy at the store and the yolks are pale yellow almost white. Does that mean he's storing them or that he's feeding them something different.

Farm Fresh Eggs [ 1 Answers ]

What is the shelf life of farm fresh eggs as opposed to store bought eggs?

Farm fresh eggs [ 1 Answers ]

How long can washed farm fresh eggs be kept at room temperature?

View more questions Search