Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vicks011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 12:52 AM
    What are the good sides of credit cards?
    I need help I'm writing a debate on what's better credit cards or debit cards but I don't have many good things about credit cards please help as soon as possible
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 12, 2012, 01:25 AM
    I have used credit cards to my advantage since the mid 1970s. I never let the bill go past the due date, so I never pay interest. And I time big purchases to happen the day after the last day of a cycle, so that I don't have to pay for it (again, no interest) for 52 days. And since the days of online statements, I can schedule payment for the due date in a minute.

I have a record of all my purchases, and I charge everything I possibly can for that reason. I also get reward dollars, from 1% to 3%, depending on the type of purchase. And at the end of the year, the card company summarizes all purchases into categories for me (grocery, lumber yard, gasoline, etc) to help me with taxes and my budget.

For someone who is attentive to keeping records (I am), it's invaluable. Even though I don't actually pay each month until the due date, I subtract the amount from my checking account as soon as I know the amount. No surprises for me. People who won't keep track carefully shouldn't use them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2012, 05:32 AM
    You pay off the bill in full at the end of the month and you get use of their money free all month.

When you rent a car you often get additional protection. In fact many car rentals will not rent to you without a credit card.

It gives you many additional rights to contest a charge, with a debit card the money is gone and little rights to challenge a charge.

With some cards there is additional warranty on some items purchased.

Some cards give you cash back, mine gives me 1 percent back. Not a lot but it gives me more money
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 12, 2012, 05:40 AM
    I always pay my bill before the due date and I love the cash back bonus my card gives. Also, some credit cards have airline miles, and you can use them for trips. The key is to pay the whole balance of your bill each month and you never have to pay interest. Also, some credit cards give you an itemized statement at the end of the year. That is handy when income tax time comes around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which credit card companies use equifax or transunion or both for credit cards? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to establish credit on my own. I have tried with experian and have 10 hard hits got turned down because of insufficient credit historty and to many recent inquires. My equifax score is 787 My transunion is 770. My problem is I am new to credit and my present accounts are permissive user...

Credit cards that pull only experian credit reports [ 0 Answers ]

I know that some banks only pull 1 bureau for applications. Which ones that you know of only pull Experian?

What credit cards will approve you if you have negative items on your credit report. [ 1 Answers ]

I have poor credit and my credit score is barely over 500. I am in the process of paying off my debts. Anyone know of any unsecured credit cards I can get approved for?

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

View more questions Search