Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aezam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Frigidaire Dryer Squeaking
    When I turn my dryer on it squeaks for most of the cycle. Now it sounds like it wants to turn on but doesn't and then clicks as if overheated. Unplugging and time seem to do the trick but this is getting to be too much.
    Model # FDE7970EW1
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Mar 9, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Two guesses.

#1. The drum, drum rollers or tensioning pulley is squeaking, and has since seized.

#2. The motor bearings were squealing, and have since seized.

UNPLUG THE DRYER BEFORE CONTINUING.
    Open the front, flashlight, you should be able to see the motor and pully in the back. If the belt is broken, the problem is #1, as the motor would continue to try and turn and burn through the belt. If the belt is intact, it is likely #2, but to be sure, disconnect the belt by releasing the tension by lifting the tensioning pulley arm. (be sure to remember the routing of the belt and position of the pulley and arm so you can put it back.). Plug the dryer back in, start the dryer, does the motor turn? Don't stick your arm in there while it is running and/or plugged in.

Let us know which it is for more help.

Regards,
    Stew

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Electric Dryer - squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20 year old GE electric dryer that I have never had a problem with until this week. There is a very high pitch squeak. It usually starts a few minutes after the dryer starts. Is it worth repairing, or should I just consider buying a new dryer?

Kenmore dryer squeaking like crazy [ 1 Answers ]

I just a 1970 home that came with a 1970 electric kenmore dryer. It is squeaking like crazy. What can I do besides call a priest?

GE Dryer still squeaking after replacing parts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE Electric Dryer model number DSXR453EV0WW It was making this aweful squeaking noise constantly and we found the felt in with our clothes, well part of the felt. After doing some research we decided to do some repairs ourselves. We put in new felt, a new bearing drum, and a new belt....

Gibson dryer squealing/squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gibson dryer that recently has started to squeak/squeal when it first starts drying a load of laundry. As the load gets dry the noise gradually gets less. Could this be a belt issue and is this an easy fix? Thanks for any info in advance:confused:

Frigidaire Dryer squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire dryer Model# FDE797IEWI. The dryer squeaks, mostly when starting and for the first few minutes while operating

View more questions Search