Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kpalanisamy_in Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2005, 05:28 AM
    Experiential degree
    Dear learned Experts,
    Could any one of you inform me about the acceridition status of BELL FORD university and the experiential degrees they offer. Are they real and worth it or it is another degree mill of no value?

Thanks and regards.
    Palanisamy.

P.S: I have gone through their web-site. What I need is an expert ousider advise.
    aspittel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2005, 09:10 AM
    Too good to be true
    www.degreeadvice.com is a site that reviews on-line universities. The editor had this to say about Belford University:

"After reviewing Belford University, it is clear to us that Belford University, Speedy Degrees (Ashwood University) and Affordable Degrees (Rochville University) are most likely the same company or managed by the same company. The fact that all three of the schools are using the same unsecured application form did not help us think any differently.

Belford University's website is very user friendly and is packed with information about their programs offered, but we did not have that college feel. We did not find any resources or information on their home page for Alumni, which we feel, is a big downfall.

We regret to state that we do not find them to be a very creditable institution."

Hope this helps... :rolleyes:
    kpalanisamy_in Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2005, 10:04 AM
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for your considered evaluation of the institution under question. I will keep this in mind before I proceed to do anything about my degree.

Thanks and Regards,
    Palanisamy.
    hplooijer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2005, 10:41 AM
    Belford University
    Dear Palanisamy,

Belford University is a scam. Please refer to:
    http://www.ossc.state.or.us/oda/unaccredited.html
    You will find that they simply sell wallpaper that looks like a diploma.

FYI:
    I have been looking for an institution that would enable me to turn my (legally obtained) postgraduate diploma into a full blown master's degree, based on my extensive professional experience in the field. I'm even willing to submit and defend a thesis on my major, but not a single institution would allow me to get a degree this way. All of them want me do rechew the same stuff I've seen for the umpteenth time. So I was exceedingly pleased to find institutions that offer "life experience degrees", but quickly found out that all those that I've found online are actually frauds.

I hope this helps.

Good luck,
    Harold.
    Wes_gijr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2005, 06:02 AM
    Is there a school that it's a scam?
    Does anyone know of a good school to get an Experiential degree?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2005, 07:16 AM
    Degree
    What do you mean by experimental degree??

A degree in doing experiments??

Please be more specific. If you are talking about a liberal arts degree where you can study different general subjects?

Accreditation by one of the major accedidation groups is needed if you want to do a lot of things.

But on the other hand there are some schools that are not , that will help you in jobs, heck there are several non accredited schools that allow you to sit for the state bar of some states.

What carrerr are you looking for with this degree, what do you want the degree to do for you, thanks
    hplooijer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2005, 07:33 AM
    Experiential Degree
    Dear Wes,

The only organization doing this that's remotely trustworthy is Almeda U. My reason for saying this is that they took a fair amount of time for evaluating my resume.
    Please bear in mind that, by using an experiential degree for getting a job or for job advancement (and *not* telling your boss that it's an experiential degree), you expose yourself to getting sued for fraud, and possibly getting fired (or worse).

FYI: I've given up on this, and decided to take a traditional MSc instead (sigh).

Best regards,
    Harold.
    Wes_gijr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2005, 07:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks I thought as much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

MD degree opportunities [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me. I have a BS Biology and MD degree, and in the process of reviewing for the USMLE. I wanted to get a job in a hospital to gain experience and for financial reasons as well. What jobs are available for me since I'm not licensed yet, other than research or teaching? Thank you.

What do I do with my degree? [ 13 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, Thank you for including me in your forum. I have been battling for the past year to get a job that corresponds with my degree. I have a bachelor of Social Sciences degree and majored in Psychology and Sociology. I have applyied to so many jobs but every single one of them requires...

A.Th Degree [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering getting an A.Th degree, it is 80 credits and 7 years, unaccreddited, from Calvary Chapel. Would it be smart for me to try to get this degree, being that it is Unaccreddited? Also, what do you need to Legally become a pastor, perform marriages, etc.. Ordination?? Thank...

How is degree verification done? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, I am going to be offering some positions and I may want to require a degree/s. What is the usual way an employer goes about accepting that an applicant has a degree or not? Just accept that the applicant is telling the truth? Asking to see the degree?

View more questions Search