Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyone86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Rules on claiming children
    My son was born on December 30 of 2006 and I need to know if I can claim him on my 2006 taxes. I've heard that he needed to be 30 days old as of the 1st of the year and the hospital told me that it didn't matter. And I can't find anything on it please help thank you so much!!
    :confused: amy
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 8, 2007, 02:43 PM
    Yes you can! My son was born on the 29th... and I got to claim him. It's nice--mommy's little tax deduction!
    amyone86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amyone86
    my son was born on december 30 of 2006 and i need to know if i can claim him on my 2006 taxes. ive heard that he needed to be 30 days old as of the 1st of the year and the hospital told me that it didnt matter. and i can't find anything on it please help thank you so much!!!!
    :confused: amy
    Thank you so much!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Yes as long as the child was born in that year you can claim them as a dependent.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 10, 2007, 11:53 PM
    All previous advice is correct!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Claiming Children [ 1 Answers ]

My sister has 3 children in which I help her take care of. I provide at least 50% of funding for the children yearly, due to financial reasons. Neither my sister nor her children live with me but I financially help during the entire year. Is it OK for me to claim one of the children on my income...

Claiming children [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know how much an average joe would get for claiming a child with a yearly imcome of 25,000

Claiming children on taxes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this board and hope someone can shed some light on this. My ex and I were divorced in October. In the final decree it is stated that we switch years for filing out only child on our taxes. This would be my year to claim him. My ex is now saying that he was told that we could both...

Claiming Children [ 1 Answers ]

How much does a person get back for each child in North Carolina?

Claiming children on taxes [ 2 Answers ]

My ex seems to think that he is qualified to claim both children on taxes this year... we have joint custody and have each claimed one child for the 3 yrs since we've been divorced.. last yr I went back to school, so my income was lower since I didn't work a full year, but I do have income from...

View more questions Search