Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tom 8979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 03:26 PM
    exterior stucco finish on cement board
    I'm trying to apply a morter/ stucco type "S" mix over cement board. I have two questions.

1. Do I need to type the seams? The seams are very tight... some may be 1/8" or less

2. I did a test area of about 4' x 8'. I wet the area before appling the stucco. It looks great... BUT, the finish when dry feels like sand and can rub off...

I know I must be doing something wrong... looking for help??

Thanks... Tom
    Greensburg, PA
    ann10nn Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2012, 03:45 PM
    Wait for it to totally go dry and ensure stucco is getting enoughwater

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stucco or plaster directly to cement board? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, Can I apply stucco or plaster directly to cement board? (ie - without the use of a wire/fiber mesh) If so can I do it in one coat or do I have to use a base then finishing coat? This is in a basement I am finishing. Thank you

Exterior stone finish over stucco [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible for a homeowner to apply that stone veneer stuff over existing stucco with a high level of success? Any advise on which stone stuff to use? I've seen a couple of actual stone options at home depot. I'm afraid to attempt it. Will the exterioe of my house be ruined if it doesn't...

How to anchor a starter board to old stucco without cracking the stucco [ 7 Answers ]

I am looking to build a wood porch onto an existing 10' x 20' concrete pad. The house is old stucco with no concrete block behind it. I have been told that by using a starter board on the house, the stucco may crack. Any ideas on how to start the roof of the porch without using a starter board?

Durabiilty/aesthetics of cement board for exterior walls [ 1 Answers ]

What is your opinion about the durability and aesthetics of cement board for exterior wall replacement of painted plywood for a cabin at 6500' elevation and high snow levels in winter? My internet research reflects common use of a stucco exterior finish on the cement board. Ugh! Doesn't seem...

Cement board exterior house siding [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to install a small amout of decorative half round cement siding. What fasteners should be used, screws ? Type ? Nails etc. How to prevent cracking? What should the under surface be? Application in general

View more questions Search