Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heather83 Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Mar 8, 2007, 01:33 PM
    He likes me!
    Okay, so there's this guy that I think of as NOTHING more than a friend. I've never given any inclination that he meant anything more. Well, now he's trying to get more friendly and I've tried telling him that I'm not interested-i just got divorced, have a 3 mo. Old and-my life is just a mess right now-plus, I'm really just not attracted to him, at all! It's getting to the point that I don't even want to talk to him anymore. I mean, I'm flattered... but NO. All he seems to talk about anymore is sex, and how much he thinks about it... it's really annoying and kind of disturbing. How do I tell this guy to knock it off without coming off as a total prude punk, because I do still have to work with him?
    ozzieman_123 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Just say that he had better stay away or else you will brand him a stalker
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2007, 01:55 PM
    Just say you don't want to hear about this kind of stuff and you don't like him in that way, try and be nice about it but make it clear you don't like those kind of conversations and he's just a friend.

Alternately... try and hook him up with a friend of yours, even if it doesn't work out he should get the point that your not at all interested in him.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Tell him that you are flattered, but that you know he's way out of your league (he doesn't have to know that you're the major league and he's the little league, right?).

Let him know that until your life is more sane, you don't have time to pursue ANY relationships, and besides, you wouldn't want things to be uncomfortable at work.

At that point, say that you'd like him to tone down his conversations and keep them more business-like, and that while you think he's a great person, conversations like that are very hard for you right now (sniff, sniff) with everythign that has gone on with your divorce and all.

If THAT doesn't work, then play hard ball. Tell him that his conversations are making you uncomfortable, and you'd like them to stop.

If they don't stop after that, then you go to management.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to know if he likes me? [ 2 Answers ]

I really like this guy. We have been friends for about 2 years and I hve begun to like him more than a friend. I asked him if he liked me and his reaction to me was in a friendly manner. I think he likes me but doesn't want to ruin our friendship. Do u think he likes me? How can I tell?

He likes me he likes me not [ 8 Answers ]

K this is the thing my best friend has this hot boyfriend and I have a huge crush on him really bad... but he has been hanging out with me and when we were whatching a movie school he moved closer and closer and I didn't mind but my friend did... and then she acussed him of cheating on her with me...

He likes me? [ 4 Answers ]

I met this guy a few months ago but I had a boyfriend at the time. I like this boy even though I had a boyfriend, he liked me too. When me and my boyfriend broke up I gave it a little while before I confronted this guy that I liked him. When I confronted him, I made plans for us to do something....

Help me please do you think he still likes me? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my ex broke up 4 months ago because he thought I lied to him but really I didn't.but we still talk sometimes and I just talked to him online a few min ago and my pro is all about him and at the end I have I still love you a lot!. and his name he read it and was like why do you still like me...

View more questions Search