Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chaitanya_sri80 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 09:41 AM
    Verification on Previous Experience
    Hi HR Team,

Now I am working in a reputed company.Previously I worked for two companies. My second company is MNC, and my first company is very small company having nearly 10-20 employees when I was working last 4 years back. I don't have any problem with my second company experience. Here the problem is with my first company. When I was working, it is recession time, I got the salaries not regularly, and I was getting 12,000. But at that time, they had given salary with hard cash, no bank account,no pay slips, no from16. Till this company is running, with same thing. Now I have only experience and revealing letters only from my first company. Now in my new company working presently, HR can consider this past experience from my first company.If they asks me about this, What I do. Please help me.

What I need to say about this, if they asks about my experience in background experience. I have all the contact numbers of my first company employees, HR manager,colligues numbers whose are working presently. In this company I worked for nearly 2years.

Please help me
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2012, 09:43 AM
    THey are a reputible company and they didn't check this stuff out BEFORE they hired you?

Sep 10, 2012, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    THey are a reputible company and they didn't check this stuff out BEFORE they hired you?
    Today I got the mail about this verification from my current working company. That the reason I post this question. Please add your advises.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2012, 09:56 AM
    Give them the contact information then... assuming it all applies to the work being done now, and if you left on good terms. Name of the company, last known address of it... the HR phone number if you know it, as well as your last supervisor there and their contact number.

If you left under difficult circumstances (like fired or as a result of a dispute)... I would mention that you parted under less than optimal conditions.

I assume you aren't in the USA, where this is done long before they make job offers.
    \
    Be honest, don't lie or exaggerate... over what you did and your experience.

Sep 10, 2012, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Give them the contact information then...assuming it all applies to the work being done now, and if you left on good terms. Name of the company, last known address of it...the HR phone number if you know it, as well as your last supervisor there and their contact number.

If you left under difficult circumstances (like fired or as a result of a dispute)....I would mention that you parted under less than optimal conditions.

I assume you aren't in the USA, where this is done long before they make job offers.
    \
    Be honest, don't lie or exagerate....over what you did and your experience.

Thanks for your advice.. I am sincerely about my experience. I have contact information of all that. But it is very small company till now, I don't have any other documents except releaving and experience letters.Even though they had been given salary through hard cash.

Anyway, I hope all is well, god saves me. If you want provide any advises please add here.
    Thanks for your post
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2012, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chaitanya_sri80 View Post
    Thanks for your advice.. I am sincerely about my experience. I have contact information of all that. But it is very small company till now, I dont have any other documents except releaving and experience letters.Even though they had been given salary through hard cash.

Anyway, I hope all is well, god saves me. If you want provide any advises please add here.
    Thanks for your post
    I've held a job for 34 years, I've been with over 9 different employers... and never had to provide written proof of anything other than giving the contact information so they can contact them themselves to verify what I had claimed was true.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 10, 2012, 10:02 PM
    Not always that way, when I went to work here in China, I had to provide proof of companies I worked for. And written letters of recommendations and more written proof than I ever thought about. They wanted to see college certificates, not transcripts. Medical reports from doctors were not accepted unless the doctor stamped the report with a stamp of some sort, finally got them to stamp it with a return address stamp, ** glad they had one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employment verification [ 2 Answers ]

I was out the night before and I was drinking. I went to work the following evening and I was called off my route for a Radom dot drug and alcohol screening. The test came back positive for alcohol only. The levels where not high enough to charge me with a d.u.I. However they did discharge me for...

How to find previous tenant for info on experience with owner issues [ 0 Answers ]

I am renting the lower level of a house, that is separated only by a door, but I am held 100% responsible for heating and providing electricity for the entire house. The owner had me put the utilities in my name, since it is their 2nd home and I would be the one living there year round. I am...

Experience? Does my previous work count as actual bookkeeping experience? [ 10 Answers ]

I have done work that required , I kept all records for a friends pharmacy delivery company mileage, orders,submitting this info for payment from company's and reconciling company's statements with her stubs to make sure she was paid correctly for all work she did. Also did similar work for a...

View more questions Search