Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kvalmore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 08:05 AM
    Ask the paleontologist
    Hi, I have something that looks like a tooth. How do I tell if it is a tooth, claw or spik of some sort? Does the inside of each of these look different? What I have has a clear pattern of a pinwheel, lines running from the middle out, very tightly packed. It is about 3 inches long and about an inch and a 1/4 wide.
    Thanks,
    Kelly
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 10, 2012, 08:07 AM
    A picture tells a thousand words ;)
    kvalmore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 08:12 AM
    I will have to send later, don't have it with me nor a do I have a pic. Thanks for the quick reply. I have a local antique dealer, family friend who just gave my 12 year old (buddy paleontogist) there cardboard boxes of dinosaur fossils that were collected in the 1930's across the country. They were cataloged at some point but the catalogue has been lost. The antique dealer is letting my 12 yo try and catalgue them. So I joined this site hoping for some guidance, we have also checked out 10 books from our local library and are setting up a project lab in the basement. We are excited but know we will need some help. I will send a photo soon!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quick questions for a paleontologist! [ 0 Answers ]

Q. How many years of experience do you have in this career? Q. Is there a lot o field work involved in this job? Q. Is it competitive/ difficult to become a Paleontologist? Q. How stable is the job of a Paleontologist?

Ask a paleontologist [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Here is my question: Are the hind legs and feet of a crocodile similar to those of a chicken.. . And is the similarity one way that paleontologists relate the crocodile and the chicken to the dinosaurs (T-rex to be specific)? In other words, if a crocodile were somehow able to stand on...

View more questions Search